RoundTrip

Started by Dune, March 12, 2016, 05:39:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Yes, standard is much easier, so it seems. You now also have areas that have flat light or the opposite, which is harder when veggies are involved also. But I got a nice one running now; opened up the valley, changed the strata, etc. And another setup running with snow. I wish one of the prizes were a real headset; I don't think my wife will allow me to purchase one  :P

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on March 25, 2016, 09:35:03 AM
I wish one of the prizes were a real headset; I don't think my wife will allow me to purchase one  :P

Ditto, but for me it's; "I wish my life would allow me to buy a headset."
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on March 25, 2016, 01:11:49 PM
:( :D

I have a new fantasy of an occulus rift grant from the Canada Council Arts Grants as a way of getting VR out there. It's possible to get the CC to underwrite the purchase of maybe a dozen or more headsets....I could become a VR educator and supplement my pension giving work shops....there's also a fairly large 3D community that I'm aware of here already and I see customers there as well as schools. Hmmmm.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Mohawk20

I don't think my wife will allow me to purchase one  :P
Typical Dutch woman! (Like mine  ;))
I made my own version of the cardboard setup though. Luckily I found a great high performance smartphone for little money.
Howgh!

bobbystahr

Quote from: Mohawk20 on March 25, 2016, 04:13:59 PM
I don't think my wife will allow me to purchase one  :P
Typical Dutch woman! (Like mine  ;))
I made my own version of the cardboard setup though. Luckily I found a great high performance smartphone for little money.

sigh...smart phone...won't have one so does that mean I'm VR less?...on the cheap at least I fear.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

Another setup I'm considering.

Dune

And maybe this.

Jo Kariboo

The five last picture are excellent but I prefer your winter scene.

Kadri

I like the winter scenes the most too.

Dune

I'm starting to like this, so I got another setup. Perhaps not for the contest, as there are still some issues. Like the flattish stones and the fake grass, and the dullness of view 1. The white spots are easily taken out.

Dune

It's an old quarry, btw.

zaxxon

The last one of the 'Valley Path' (10nov14) and the last 'Winter Stroll' are the ones that caught my eye the most. As always your work and your mastery of TG is a pleasure to behold. The visualization of the VR environment is certainly a tricky task, and not having a proper viewer is a true handicap. I think, to echo a few comments here, that the shortness of the contest is a bit unfortunate as many folks are just grasping how best to construct scenes that display TG's capabilities in a VR format. Excellent scenes Ulco! Looking forward to the final entries!

bobbystahr

Echo zaxxon re: contest length as I'm just hitting the understand spawning inspiration stage but PS needs our input to help sell TG so I'm good with that...I may still upload a 3rd scene as I'm at it again....LOL
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New