Easy way to make human figures in statue form?

Started by TheBadger, March 11, 2016, 09:47:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBadger

Any ideas of a quick way to make statue models of human figures? I even searched DAZ a bit, but did not find a preset or anything.

to be clear, I am not looking to texture a human figure model with a rock texture, but I really want a look shaped form rock, the hair is especially time consuming to do in my basic tests. So any leads on a smarter way than herding edge loops by hand would be good.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/ea/a1/9b/eaa19b37924afa9b94cb55a1e9542d3f.jpg

http://l7.alamy.com/zooms/39e587a233584740844b0819af51894d/bust-head-of-zeus-jupiter-ancient-greek-roman-god-bx0wjk.jpg

So far I am thinking it is easier to make real looking hair using default settings for hair in various software. Making this carved look, is giving me much more trouble.
It has been eaten.

Dune

Wouldn't be too hard in Zbrush I'd say. You can import a figure, dynamesh it to a basic shape and start playing with the clay. Maybe even Sculptris would work.

TheBadger

I am really hoping to not have to sculpt. I would prefer not to have to do macro displacements in TG, to get a base to a high polly. Rather I was hoping for a more middle ground, where any displacements from maps would be just fine details like chips or scratches and such.

I don't think high pally is really necessary at all. just a bit higher than a out of the box make human or dad future I think.

Have you seen any models like that in your Daz travels, Ulco?
It has been eaten.

TheBadger

Hi

QuoteNot quite sure from your post.

haha, I just read it and saw the great job my auto correct continues to do for me.

I just meant mostly that I want to do a little work as possible ;D I have so much less time now to play in 3D, but I still want to make the statues for the pediment of my greek/roman models and other things, including the models I will eventually get to share here.

thank you for the links. I just checked quick and saw already a few things. if they are low enough polly I should be able to cut them up and edit them into what I want, enough so that they are new objects.

I have a plane to get through the figures pretty (relatively) fast. I will need to add robes and such then too. I hope that maya cloth will be easy enough to use for that.

Thank you.
It has been eaten.

Dune

Nothing like that in DAZ, but there are some scanned sculpts as well (EDIT: just saw some of the links point to those), and they can be reduced in polycount before working on them. You probably won't need perfect mapping anyway.

TheBadger

It has been eaten.