The bridge

Started by Kadri, March 28, 2016, 05:00:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kadri

A closeup test of the VR scene.
I will try to make 4-5 images. This is a part of one of them.
The water will be a little higher in the final. 

Hannes

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

Nice towering rock, but you have to work fast, Kadri!

Kadri

Thanks guys.
Yeah Ulco not much left... I hope i can finish some images tomorrow and then render them.
I would work normally at least 1 week more on all of them  :(

Henry Blewer

Looks awesome. I hope you have time to get your submission in.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

inkydigit

looks great... good luck Kadri!
:)
J

Jo Kariboo

Good news Kadri. The date of delivery has been changed you will probably time to polish up your image to your liking. Beautiful color and texture currently on the rocks.

Kadri

Thanks.

That is great news Jo. I just woke up early before work, to work more on the images. Can sleep a little more too now.
Aaah....downside is, less sleep for 2 weeks more. You can not please everybody  :P  ;D

Kadri

This 5000x2500 test render took 120 hours.
I let it render because it wasn't any problem. I made more then 40 models as it rendered.

I will lower the luminosity of the lights and change the clouds.
The final will be much different most probably. I was curious how the look-shadow of the planet would be.
The big building looks much better with lights shining on it.
Water will be much less. And some alien vegetation hopefully if i can texture them decently.

Dune

That is quite an interesting image, Kadri. It gives a feeling of 'past-times in the future', like you're seeing remnants of a once alien presence. I am quite curious how you made the vague models, I suspect they are glass plus some fractal dots for the white densities in the glass? Hence perhaps the long rendertime, as that is awfully long!
And it would need 'force all edges', as there are some parts missing in the rock.
But I really like the overall mood and expanse!

bobbystahr

Wow...too stunned to even think critically...great image Kadri
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

inkydigit

8)
epic style!
looks great!
:)
J

yossam

I like....................... :)

Jo Kariboo

This is probably the picture with the most original concept proposed by far in this competition. I especially like the planet in the sky and the sun that reveals the outline. I find it very good to put all that technology starry white.