Hannes - Hangar

Started by Hannes, March 29, 2016, 06:34:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

Now that we have some more time, I thought I'd try another one.
Here is a scene I created for my Star Wars movie - the interior of the Imperior Star destroyer's hangar. Additionally to Ansel Hsiao aka Fractal Sponge's beautiful model I added a lot of stuff to get more detail in the hangar area.
I added the earth I previously created and I hope it will work.

AP

I have to load this into the FPS Viewer. It is a long way down!

Dune

Yes, this can be really cool to view in glasses as well.

Hannes

Quote from: Dune on March 29, 2016, 06:56:02 AM

Just tried it with my cheapo VR solution, and yes, Kadri: vertigo!!!!!!  :) :) :)

Kadri

Quote from: Hannes on March 29, 2016, 07:07:20 AM
Quote from: Dune on March 29, 2016, 06:56:02 AM

Just tried it with my cheapo VR solution, and yes, Kadri: vertigo!!!!!!  :) :) :)

:)
I wasn't so keen about VR after i saw the price of those (hoped Oculus will be cheap).
But this challenge made me wish to buy one.

Hannes

Even if it doesn't compare to an Oculus Rift or something like that, some cheap solution like Google Cardboard can give you an impression of how it can look like.

Kadri

Yes maybe i try one of those Hannes.

Hannes

I have only a Samsung S3 mini, so not much resolution, but it really looks cool.
And as I wrote here:
http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,21314.msg213808.html#msg213808
spending a few Euros more than for the cardboard solution is not too tough, but I think it's worth it.

Hannes

Quote from: Kadri on March 29, 2016, 08:32:06 AM

I see. Will look around definitely :)

Yes. Looking around can be great fun!! ;)

TheBadger

nice image hannes. Will make a great 360 video if that is what they do with the winning images.
It has been eaten.

inkydigit

Look around, but don't look .... DOWN!
Great scene Hannes!
I feel dizzy!
:)

J

Hannes

Thanks guys. Just finished an 8K render to see, if there are any flaws, I didn't notice so far. It took 12 hours to render (not too bad!), but it was the planet that took most of the time.
I'll have a look at it today...