Hannes - Hangar

Started by Hannes, March 29, 2016, 06:34:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ariel DK

Quote from: Hannes on March 30, 2016, 07:51:25 AM
It took 12 hours to render (not too bad!), but it was the planet that took most of the time.
I'll have a look at it today...

I know how it feels...
Nice surface anyway, and that hangar, looks familiar... 8)
go with this!
Hmmm, what version of Terragen does God use?

Hannes

I guess I'm done now. I added some more things and deleted unnecessary ones.
I decided to have a visible starfield. I know, the stars wouldn't actually be visible in this situation, but who cares, as long as it looks cool ;)
(you also wouldn't hear anything in space, but there are only very few scifi movies without loud explosions and stuff like that)

I'll render an 8K image overnight to see if anything is correct, and tomorrow I'll probably submit it. Here is a 2K render. I sharpened it a bit. The final one won't be sharpened of course.

yossam

Can't wait to see it in 8k....................are the pods from 2001? Or these aren't the pods I'm looking for.  :)

Hannes

Quote from: yossam on April 04, 2016, 11:21:45 AM
Can't wait to see it in 8k....................are the pods from 2001? Or these aren't the pods I'm looking for.  :)

No, but I've used these pods before. Here is my explanation:
http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,17929.msg173632.html#msg173632

yossam

I know the name(Spacebones), used some of his freebies, but I have never seen the sphere model before. Thanks for the info.  ;)

Dune

Good work, Hannes. I just had a look in FSP viewer of your previous version, so curious to see what has changed. Terrifyingly deep, I guess with the goggles on, you have to hold on to the doorpost  ;)

Hannes

Quote from: Dune on April 04, 2016, 11:54:37 AM
Good work, Hannes. I just had a look in FSP viewer of your previous version, so curious to see what has changed. Terrifyingly deep, I guess with the goggles on, you have to hold on to the doorpost  ;)

Thanks Ulco. There are not too many changes, but a few ones that make me feel happy  :)
Watching this scene with goggles is indeed much more intense than with a regular player and a monitor. It's good to be seated while watching!

Jo Kariboo

Beautiful depth and good choice of subject for VR.  :)

Hannes

Thanks Jo.
I just submitted my entry. Now that the pressure is over, I'll try some things with this scene. Since it's a previously used scene, some things are already animated. Maybe I can create a little 360° animation?! I'll see...

Hannes

Just for fun, not for the competition: at the moment I am creating a 360° movie of this scene. Man, I had to change a lot of things to make it work. I discovered that some of the meshes were faulty and thus flickering, and I had to leave out the force field, because it has a water shader inside the network to create the smooth transitions. The force field looks kind of cool, but doubles rendertimes! Too much for testing purposes. Now I'm struggling a bit with the GI caching.
I'm rendering only at 1280X640 px to make sure I'm still alive when it's done. I loaded a short (heavily flickering) test movie into my phone and watched it with my VR goggles. Now that you realize that the ship is moving, you should be seated even more!!

bobbystahr

Quote from: Hannes on April 07, 2016, 11:06:35 AM
Just for fun, not for the competition: at the moment I am creating a 360° movie of this scene. Man, I had to change a lot of things to make it work. I discovered that some of the meshes were faulty and thus flickering, and I had to leave out the force field, because it has a water shader inside the network to create the smooth transitions. The force field looks kind of cool, but doubles rendertimes! Too much for testing purposes. Now I'm struggling a bit with the GI caching.
I'm rendering only at 1280X640 px to make sure I'm still alive when it's done. I loaded a short (heavily flickering) test movie into my phone and watched it with my VR goggles. Now that you realize that the ship is moving, you should be seated even more!!

can't wait t see this one man....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

inkydigit

8)
I echo all!
:)
sharp looking scene - great stuff!
J

Hannes

Quote from: bobbystahr on April 07, 2016, 05:38:00 PM
can't wait t see this one man....

Thanks Bobby. Probably you'll have to wait until the challenge is over?!