Hannes - Hangar

Started by Hannes, March 29, 2016, 06:34:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Quote from: Hannes on April 07, 2016, 06:00:38 PM
Quote from: bobbystahr on April 07, 2016, 05:38:00 PM
can't wait t see this one man....

Thanks Bobby. Probably you'll have to wait until the challenge is over?!

no doubt, a long render awaits, heh heh
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Hannes

Just for fun I rendered a 300 frames animation in 2K of my scene after I added some more stuff.
I had to render the earth and stars background, the force field, the hangar itself and the fighter (which is slowly moving from below the camera to the actual position) separately, because like I wrote in this thread:
http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,21411.0.html
it's almost impossible to create a proper GI cache when the whole scene is moving very fast.
The fighter is a nice find from Animium. I had to tear the whole thing apart to get some decent texturing. I'm planning to add some thruster glow (or whatever it's called).

Hannes

Btw: I animated the orange lights (rotating), the pods, the fighter as I wrote and the whole spaceship is moving, so that the background doesn't stay the same all the time.
And of course since the competition is over, there's some postwork (contrast, saturation and some additional glow for the force field).

Kadri

Looks cool but where can we see the animation? :)

Hannes

Well, as I said there's the glow I'd like to add. I'll be a bit busy for the next days, but I'll post the animation as soon as it's finished completely.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Hannes on April 20, 2016, 08:43:34 AM
Well, as I said there's the glow I'd like to add. I'll be a bit busy for the next days, but I'll post the animation as soon as it's finished completely.

woo hoo ;D
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

AP

Hannes

Here is the animation. There are some more improvements, since I submitted my entry image.

It's only 2K, so definitely not hi res, but it works somehow.

bobbystahr

Holy shit that's beautiful, even in 'lo res'. Well done.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Kadri

Looks sweet :)
In which viewer could be see it in 360 angle (in VR) ?

zaxxon

That is really, really cool!

Dune

Wow, that's nice (understament). Yes, we need an FSPviewer that loads mp4's. How did you do the exhaust fumes? All TG?

masonspappy