Hannes - Hangar

Started by Hannes, March 29, 2016, 06:34:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on April 24, 2016, 10:34:30 AM
Wow, that's nice (understament). Yes, we need an FSPviewer that loads mp4's. How did you do the exhaust fumes? All TG?

indeed re: FSP viewer and spill the beans about the great fumes...I'm guessing a clouds with  SS shaders.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Hannes

Quote from: bobbystahr on April 24, 2016, 01:39:49 PM
Quote from: Dune on April 24, 2016, 10:34:30 AM
Wow, that's nice (understament). Yes, we need an FSPviewer that loads mp4's. How did you do the exhaust fumes? All TG?

indeed re: FSP viewer and spill the beans about the great fumes...I'm guessing a clouds with  SS shaders.

Thanks guys,
actually I have no idea how to watch this on the computer. I downloaded a Google Cardboard-compatible app for my phone named AAA VR Cinema, which can play 360° movies. Maybe someone knows a software that can play it on a computer?!

The fumes are nothing special. I created a sphere in 3ds Max for each thruster and stretched it a lot, then cut them off in the middle, so that they looked like cut-in-a-half cigars, duplicated (inside white - outside blueish) and downscaled them. I used some image map falloff using Ulco's transparency method:
http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,15757.msg154133.html#msg154133

Since this is not contest content anymore, there is some After effects post work (glow, flickering)

bobbystahr

cool stuff on the fumes, keep forgetting I don't need to use a cloud every time...also be good for car exhaust but reversed with a small start and a fat end.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Kadri

I found this guys:
https://vrplayer.codeplex.com/

But be cautious.
There is a post that says that he had problem with his Windows build after he installed this.
But it worked for me after using different settings without a problem in Windows.
You can see the video playing while looking around as intended at least.

Oshyan

You could also upload it to YouTube which now supports 360 degree videos. :)

- Oshyan

Jo Kariboo

Quote from: Oshyan on April 24, 2016, 03:55:18 PM
You could also upload it to YouTube which now supports 360 degree videos. :)

- Oshyan

thank you Oshyan for information. I just watched several video in 360 with the latest version of Firefox and it works fine.
If Hannes put his video on youtube it would be easy for all of us to see it in VR. :)

Dune

Thanks for explaining Hannes. I knew you were a clever one  ;)

Hannes

Kadri

Nice Hannes :)
Was it hard or easy to get it working in Youtube ?

Dune

Awesome! Too short though.... make it an hour, Hannes  ;)

Hannes

Quote from: Kadri on April 25, 2016, 05:10:19 AM

Thanks Kadri!
You first have to download a software ("360 Video Metadata") that writes some metadata into the movie, then you can just upload it. Got the link from the Youtube help page.

Ulco, I guess that would take a year! :) But you can rightclick the video and make it loop. Better than nothing...

Dune

bobbystahr

Awesome Hannes, I looped it right away. Great watching the ship rise up and follow it in. Hey PS, do y think we can see the comp winners this way some time in July?
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Kadri

Quote from: Hannes on April 25, 2016, 06:12:51 AM
Quote from: Kadri on April 25, 2016, 05:10:19 AM

Thanks Kadri!
You first have to download a software ("360 Video Metadata") that writes some metadata into the movie, then you can just upload it. Got the link from the Youtube help page.

Jo Kariboo

Wow!  :D
Very well done
With this animation your picture VR takes on another dimension! Very interesting and thank you for sharing it on Youtube!