I have found.....

Started by bobbystahr, April 01, 2016, 03:22:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

....that when setting up for a V R scene it's good to duplicate your render camea and periodically select it and look in the other 3 directions. Supposing your main camera is 0, 0, 0 then rotate; 0, 90, 0....0, 180, 0....0, 270, 0  and you may save yourself unwanted surprises in the 360 spherical you render
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

inkydigit

good one Bobby... you need 360 vision... it is too easy to forget what is behind or to the side of you!
:)
J

yossam

I found that if you leave the other cameras default and just your render camera as spherical it makes it a little easier.  :)

bobbystahr

Quote from: yossam on April 01, 2016, 04:08:19 PM
I found that if you leave the other cameras default and just your render camera as spherical it makes it a little easier.  :)

Yeah, I do that as well as the other three are just for checking.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

dhenry2112

I just use a normal camera placed where I like and spin the view around in preview to be sure there are no obstructions then turn it into a spherical and just leave it there. If I need to tweak it I can do that manually in preview just like moving an object. I ended up with 5 spherical cameras in my main scene just so I don't have to keep moving cameras around and resetting them etc. Plus I can do a quick render from any of those 5 locations whenever I add new elements or whatever.

Dune

Or you can animate your camera, which I did. Turn off blur then.

inkydigit

yeah, you don't have to have many cameras if you just use the preview; wireframe view for objects, making sure none are growing through the stones or other objects!
:)
J

Dune

Or just render very quick, very small 800x400 detail 0.2, AA2 renders to check, and crops for detailed checks.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on April 02, 2016, 10:56:32 AM
Or just render very quick, very small 800x400 detail 0.2, AA2 renders to check, and crops for detailed checks.

Well that works some times as I've as a slow computer user used that; but I have been surprised on occasion....All good techniques and any noobie checking in now has a choice OF....heh heh.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New