house and rope

Started by Dune, April 07, 2016, 02:22:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

inkydigit

Outstandingly detailed work Ulco... This has been fascinating to watch evolve!
J
:)

Dune

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on April 25, 2016, 02:39:08 AM
. The point is now that the client wants the roof differently clad in reeds, in different layers, so I might need to make one thatched roof in ZB after all instead of populating a plane. Not ready yet...

Sigh...is the client a woman, heh heh, my inner sexist emerges....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Oshyan

Oh come on Bobby. You're better than that buddy.

- Oshyan

bobbystahr

Quote from: Oshyan on April 25, 2016, 02:22:36 PM
Oh come on Bobby. You're better than that buddy.

- Oshyan

Just finished dealing with a friend(female)on a business card(a freebie no less)which required 5 changes from what she actually specified...maybe feeling a tad jaded...i broke a rule...'send friends to the competition'...my fault  guess.
Properly chastised.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Oshyan

TheBadger

lol!

Ulco,

Really liking what you have going on that roof! Last image last page.
It has been eaten.

Dune

Well, Bobby, I think the word 'clad' triggers the imagination, perhaps together with reeds, I can imagine stuff   ::) (Like Hannes' (Fleshy') Unfortunately the client is a male (2 in fact).
And thanks, Michael.
Yesterday I had another hour of confusion, I didn't get the UV's correct for the roof; looked ok in LW, but every time I exported, welded or unwelded (which oftens exports better), the UV was messed up in Poseray. Until I found out that I made the roof from parts of earlier, other UV-mapped parts of the building (points or edges, copied), so there were remnants of UV map under different names in that roof. Deleted them, and all is well now. Still learning every day.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on April 26, 2016, 02:09:34 AM
Well, Bobby, I think the word 'clad' triggers the imagination, perhaps together with reeds, I can imagine stuff   ::) (Like Hannes' (Fleshy') Unfortunately the client is a male (2 in fact).
And thanks, Michael.
Yesterday I had another hour of confusion, I didn't get the UV's correct for the roof; looked ok in LW, but every time I exported, welded or unwelded (which oftens exports better), the UV was messed up in Poseray. Until I found out that I made the roof from parts of earlier, other UV-mapped parts of the building (points or edges, copied), so there were remnants of UV map under different names in that roof. Deleted them, and all is well now. Still learning every day.

'Live and Learn' is my modus operandi as well, heh heh heh
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

fleetwood

Nicely done. Great modelling work.
Old weathered wood looks very good.

This is just a Nit pick - if this is a new building the beams seem unusually old and weathered,  if they are rebuilding a formerly abandoned building likely there would be bits of new replacement carpentry here and there ?

Dune

I know, thanks. I got the same comment from the client. They often mix reclaimed and new wood, but I'm getting a bit fed up with changing stuff, so I'll fix some beams in post. Have to draw in the ropes as well anyway. Building this doesn't really pay the bills, so I have to stop here.
Getting the invisible object for the reed roof pops to fit to the model was a bit cumbersome, but it works quite well now.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on April 27, 2016, 02:12:27 AM
I know, thanks. I got the same comment from the client. They often mix reclaimed and new wood, but I'm getting a bit fed up with changing stuff, so I'll fix some beams in post. Have to draw in the ropes as well anyway. Building this doesn't really pay the bills, so I have to stop here.
Getting the invisible object for the reed roof pops to fit to the model was a bit cumbersome, but it works quite well now.

Purty darn nice Ulco, if they ain't happy with this amazing work they are just nuts...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

I will also have to make some images with the houses in a finished state, so I added a complete roof, and an extra internal roof. Some small issues to solve...

bobbystahr

Very homey...I could almost live like that...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Kadri

Looks nice Ulco.
Just curious the wall on the right side of the door looks kinda blurry ?