Paradise

Started by masonspappy, April 08, 2016, 04:29:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

masonspappy

About 90%  of plant species here were created in Blender.  Render times hitting 14+ hours, I think because of the water reflections.

Dune

That coast looks pretty neat, and I am sure the long rendertime is caused by the RT reflection on the wet beach. If you could flatten the sand grains there, it would be quicker. And perhaps even more natural, like a thin film of water over the sand. Perhaps also decrease reflectivity to 60% or so. And also some variation in the sand may be good to implement, or just a fractal warp.

masonspappy

View from the other end of the beach (seems like most of the action is down around the lady).

masonspappy

Position 4 (angled and trailing a flock of pelicans) - and had one of those 'oh crap' moments when I realized the veggie covering didn't extend far enough down the beach toward the hill, and also saw that the wave coverage was imperfect.
Back to the rendering board.....
Durn

masonspappy

Quote from: Dune on April 08, 2016, 04:43:57 AM
If you could flatten the sand grains there, it would be quicker.
Thanks Ulco!  Wasn't even aware that might be a possibility. :)

Jo Kariboo

Nice job with your vegetations!  :)

masonspappy

and....done.
Going outside to till the garden now because I haven't seen sunlight in a while....

inkydigit

I love it... enjoy the sunshine, well deserved it is!
:)
J

TheBadger

nice island cam. I like it.
It has been eaten.

Kadri

I like the scene.
I would put the women farther away. Under a shadow even just to see how the skin would look there.