Best place to buy high quality plants (Trees, bushes, grass etc)

Started by reck, April 19, 2016, 05:02:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oshyan

Looks like Smooth Normals isn't working (or isn't enabled). Perhaps the object doesn't include normals? Try exporting from Poseray...

- Oshyan

bobbystahr

Never tried that one but it doesn't look like any TG bug I've seen....the quality seems to vary unless you're using 3dmax which they are aimed at I think.
Also this notice makes them unusable for any renders you show anywhere but at home on your own computer from the looks of it.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

reck

Yep I saw the notice. I just wanted to check out the quality and make sure there aren't any issues.

Dune

Perhaps the vertices aren't welded, so in Poseary do that also, and set smooth normal recalculation. It might give a lower Mb as well. But it looks like I'm not even going to open that tree.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on April 21, 2016, 02:44:01 AM
If you click on a tree there will be a new window and on the right it says free sample, where the list of specifics is. I don't know if it is that particular tree, as I tried a few, but they had the same name. They are heavy, one was more than a gig! Didn't check them out yet.

All the ones I checked out were .max and I couldn't use em so I binned 'em. I'm on their mailing list and at one point I was getting sample .obj's from them...and fairly reasonable in size and 'not too bad' geometry.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

reck

Well just tried to load it into poseray to fix it up and got an out of memory error message so i'm going to forget about the evermotion trees. Look good on the site but not so good in Terragen and can't fix them.

bobbystahr

Quote from: reck on April 23, 2016, 12:01:17 PM
Well just tried to load it into poseray to fix it up and got an out of memory error message so i'm going to forget about the evermotion trees. Look good on the site but not so good in Terragen and can't fix them.

Suspected that might happen but have no ability to convert .max so wasn't sure...get speed tree is my advice if you have the cash. I would had I the cash.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

paq

Hi Bobby,

I can convert some .max models into .obj if you want ... (as long as there is no EULA restriction about conversion/redistribution of the sample models).

Is there any particular model (link) you are looking for ? (can't do it before Monday)
Gameloft

bobbystahr

Quote from: paq on April 23, 2016, 12:47:12 PM
Hi Bobby,

I can convert some .max models into .obj if you want ... (as long as there is no EULA restriction about conversion/redistribution of the sample models).

Is there any particular model (link) you are looking for ? (can't do it before Monday)

I'll keep that in mind, I forgot...you did the moon bridge for me right...old age encroaches on my memory some daze.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

paq

I don't think it was me, but old age is coming here too   ;D
Gameloft