Impossible Ocean II

Started by ProjectX, August 28, 2007, 04:37:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ProjectX

Here's the final piece, minor touching up (blur to remove grainy clouds, color adjusts, etc.) done in photoshop. Wouldn't believe the settings I used to try to remove the grain from the clouds, and with no success.

Comments and crits are welcome.

rcallicotte

I like your dedication to this and the entire picture (clouds, atmosphere, setting, colors, lighting) is well done.  My only problem is that the sharpness of your wave crests is unrealistic.  I played with this a lot when trying to create a realistic ocean and never came to a satisfying result.  Hence, I left mine without those crashing waves. 

Don't just quit, though.  Maybe we'll discover more ways to functionalize these waves.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

ProjectX

This really was only a test. I made no tweaks to it, I slapped a twist and sheared power-fractal onto a water shader, and that's all the effort I put into it.

I may someday come back to it, but at the moment water bores me.

old_blaggard

http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

rcallicotte

After seeing Digital Domain's use of water in the movie I can't remember that had great special effects (New York City gets deluged in water), I'm determined there must be a way to make realistic water.  My ocean TGC is a whimper of what it could be.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

EBAndrew

Dude, that's cool... REALLY cool! It almost reminds me of... was it Chrono Cross? In the area that's all frozen in time...

Personally, I think that if you just touched up some of the white grain in the water like you said it'd be perfect. All the colors work really well together...
-Andrew