Paddles like a dream.

Started by sonshine777, August 28, 2007, 01:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jo

Hi Ben,

Quote from: bigben on August 29, 2007, 09:35:35 PM
Got snagged once between 3 trees trying to squeeze through a narrow gap... and at 5.2m it doesn't turn too well in grade 2 rapids  ;)

First day I took mine out on a river ( also a grade 2 but very tame at this time of the year ) I came down through a riffle, didn't quite steer hard enough to port and ended up wedged in a willow. It had these three branches sticking out into the river, I managed to slot in between them so I had two branches underneath and one on top. It was gripping me sort of like one of those claw things you use to hold test tubes :-). It took a fair bit of gymnastics to get out. My brother was having fits of laughter, but I thought I did pretty well to extricate myself without going in :-). My kayak is only 4m, but it isn't super maneuverable.

Regards,

Jo

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

jo

Hi Calico,

Quote from: calico on August 30, 2007, 08:32:57 AM
jo - Any pictures?

Any pictures of me stuck in the branches? Happily not ;-). My brother says he wish he had a video camera so he could have posted it on the web...

Regards,

Jo

mr-miley

Most excelent. It looks beautiful. You must be so pleased especially after having built it yourself. I love wood... and from the pics in this thread it just makes you want to run your hands over it....  ;D
I love the smell of caffine in the morning

sonshine777

Quote from: mr-miley on September 04, 2007, 10:22:16 AM
Most excelent. It looks beautiful. You must be so pleased especially after having built it yourself. I love wood... and from the pics in this thread it just makes you want to run your hands over it....  ;D

I does bring on a sense of accomplishment, and most people who have looked at it, do run their hands over it. :)