Feature request - additional image file save types.

Started by Upon Infinity, May 18, 2016, 05:08:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Upon Infinity

I'm almost fairly certain this topic has been raised before, although I can't recall if any firm decision was made on it.

I'd like to see more image file types available to save directly out of Terragen, specifically .jpg.  I know this is not an ideal file type for production, and I'd never use it for that purpose, but many times, I save out fairly low-res preview renders and having this available would save me a conversion for posting to the internet.

Additionally, other more web-friendly, lossless types would be welcome, as well.

Oshyan

This is an old request and one we'll continue to consider, but the bottom line is Terragen is not an application that specializes in supporting image formats. The *intention* is to have people save images and then modify/compress them in other software for their needs. It adds a step, certainly, but the additional effort is not very significant, and can easily be streamlined with tools that allow quick conversion from your file manager if that is desired. But, like I said, we continue to consider it.

- Oshyan

Dune

It's only a few mouseclicks to save in bmp/tif and then open in Irfanview or similar, and another option would be to use printscreen if it's not a big render. I do that a lot to compare crops, as Irfanview can be told to stay on top, which is handy. PrintScreen, open Irfanview, CTRL-V and save.

Upon Infinity

Yeah, Dune, just remembered I can use the snipping tool.  I guess I could recommend that if it's an easy implementation, that PS could bury the option in the interface somewhere separately as a 'Save for Web' option.  If it's not so easy, then I'd say forget it.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on May 19, 2016, 01:28:09 AM
It's only a few mouseclicks to save in bmp/tif and then open in Irfanview or similar, and another option would be to use printscreen if it's not a big render. I do that a lot to compare crops, as Irfanview can be told to stay on top, which is handy. PrintScreen, open Irfanview, CTRL-V and save.

I almost use Irfan more than photoshop lately...a lovely useful program.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist