Best I've Seen

Started by rcallicotte, August 29, 2007, 08:39:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcallicotte

This is the best I've seen for a Terrain generating software package (off the shelf) - http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1509925&member
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Ironshirt

Yes, you're right calico - great pic!

But I can't help - pictures which are created with Vue always look a little bit 'fantasy like' - as they were painted by Bob Ross....
That does not mean those are bad, but the colors are not really photorealistic...   often pictures are too colorful...  you know what I mean?

Thats why I chose Terragen and I love it  ;)

rcallicotte

I understand, which is usually the case.  But, this one looks real.  I lived next door to woods similar to this growing up and this is as close to reality as I've seen with software.

Ironshirt

As I said, the picture is really great...     but the thing with the colors I noticed in a lot of other vue renders.
Nevertheless it would be hard to create such a detailed picture with any other software than vue (in this price range - by now  ;)). But this should also be possible in TG2...

Where did you grow up calico? That would be really interesting - nice landscape you have there^^
We have also similar forrests here in the Eifel...

Perhaps we should do a scene like this Terragen 2 - just for comparision...  this would be a good idea for my next project...   I think I'll try this...

rcallicotte

I grew up in the Midwestern United States where our backyard was miles of hilly woods.  We had an area in there called The Flats where people would ride their motorcycles when I was a teenager.  But, before that it was like a wilderness waiting to be explored.  I'm lucky.  These woods were a place to truly enjoy.

Quote from: Ironshirt on August 29, 2007, 10:03:44 AM
As I said, the picture is really great...     but the thing with the colors I noticed in a lot of other vue renders.
Nevertheless it would be hard to create such a detailed picture with any other software than vue (in this price range - by now  ;)). But this should also be possible in TG2...

Where did you grow up calico? That would be really interesting - nice landscape you have there^^
We have also similar forrests here in the Eifel...

Perhaps we should do a scene like this Terragen 2 - just for comparision...  this would be a good idea for my next project...   I think I'll try this...