Planetside site... hacked?

Started by ajcgi, May 25, 2016, 10:14:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajcgi

I dunno if this is Google being super-sensitive or Planetside complying with older web standards perhaps but... see attached image.
I just googled Terragen and it came up with a hack alert.

Tangled-Universe

Interesting.
At my work I can't access these forums anymore as OpenDNS, used by my work, states that forums.planetside.co.uk poses a security threat.
Could this be somehow related?

Oshyan

This has been ongoing and still seems like a false positive. But once these things happen, they sometimes propagate around. We're working on getting de-listed. Thanks for the reports, of course.

- Oshyan

Rob Allen

I noticed this as well and it's rather alarming considering my antivirus seems convinced the Terragen 4 Beta is a virus.  I've never had trouble with Terragen before, what's going on?

Kadri

Quote from: Rob Allen on July 02, 2016, 02:13:34 PM
I noticed this as well and it's rather alarming considering my antivirus seems convinced the Terragen 4 Beta is a virus.  I've never had trouble with Terragen before, what's going on?

Avast?
"Got a reply from Avast................tgd.exe has been cleared and added to database so it shouldn't be a problem any more."
http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,21707.0.html

Rob Allen

Yeah, Avast.  I'll try it again, thanks.

sigurdurf

My antivirus also detected a virus in the Terragen 4 Beta.  I use Trend Micro Maximum Security on Windows 10 Home. Here is the info it gave me:

Threat:  HEU_AEGISCS934
Affected file:  C:\Program Files\Planetside Software\Terragen 4 Beta\tgd.exe

Then it simply removed the file tgd.exe without warning.

This is the filename of the install file I downloaded:
Terragen_4_Beta_Win64_39040_light-icon.msi

Oshyan

Can you try this again when you get a chance? Hopefully the virus definitions have been updated by now.

- Oshyan

Quote from: sigurdurf on July 04, 2016, 06:36:39 AM
My antivirus also detected a virus in the Terragen 4 Beta.  I use Trend Micro Maximum Security on Windows 10 Home. Here is the info it gave me:

Threat:  HEU_AEGISCS934
Affected file:  C:\Program Files\Planetside Software\Terragen 4 Beta\tgd.exe

Then it simply removed the file tgd.exe without warning.

This is the filename of the install file I downloaded:
Terragen_4_Beta_Win64_39040_light-icon.msi

sigurdurf

I installed the beta again, now my antivirus was silent and I could run it without any problems.  Thanks!

Quote from: Oshyan on July 08, 2016, 09:45:02 PM
Can you try this again when you get a chance? Hopefully the virus definitions have been updated by now.

- Oshyan

Oshyan

Glad to hear it, thanks for trying again!

- Oshyan