Sailing

Started by Hannes, June 02, 2016, 02:16:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

Quote from: Kadri on June 02, 2016, 10:40:15 AM
Hannes, i think we talked about this earlier but this plugin can be handy sometimes.
A little on the expensive side but it helped me on some projects.
http://revisionfx.com/products/rsmb/

Thanks, Kadri! Yes I know this plug in, but it wouldn't help in this case, since I would have to render a sequence to tell RSMB what's happening to create some postwork motion blur. The only more or less satisfying solution would be native object motion blur in TG.
However, looking at my smudge blurred birds, I have to say, that I don't like it very much. So, I think I can live with the static birds...

DocCharly65

Quote from: Kadri on June 02, 2016, 10:40:15 AM

First class render Hannes. I love it :)

Same for me, Hannes!

The new seagulls look much better!
They even look good without blurring.

I really curious for the complete big render.

Kadri

It is subjective but i have no problem with the birds without blur too actually.

Hannes

luvsmuzik

The first render is awesome as a still. At full screen, the light and shadow are wonderful. Great render!

Dune

These seagulls are way better. Their tails may not be perfect, but on this distance it looks really good.

Tangled-Universe

Great work Hannes :)

I particularly like the rays in the atmosphere near the sails. I suppose you used a thin cloud for that?
The cumulus clouds are really nice too!
I find sunset cumulus still quite hard to do, but I think these are the best I have seen so far. Great!

Hannes

Quote from: Tangled-Universe on June 02, 2016, 02:16:59 PM
I particularly like the rays in the atmosphere near the sails. I suppose you used a thin cloud for that?
The cumulus clouds are really nice too!
I find sunset cumulus still quite hard to do, but I think these are the best I have seen so far. Great!

Thanks a lot, Martin,

yes, it's a thin cloud.
And I'm so glad, that you like the cumulus cloud, since it's made of one of your files.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Hannes

Thanks Bobby!
I'm rendering the (hopefully) final render at the moment. I think it takes another 10 hours from now.

fleetwood

Magnificent render. Reminds me some of the paintings of N.C. Wyeth.

bobbystahr

Quote from: fleetwood on June 03, 2016, 12:12:07 PM
Magnificent render. Reminds me some of the paintings of N.C. Wyeth.

or maybe Turner?
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Quote from: Hannes on June 03, 2016, 11:47:57 AM
Thanks Bobby!
I'm rendering the (hopefully) final render at the moment. I think it takes another 10 hours from now.

I find myself hoping my computer will even run TG4 even more seeing results here...just paid property taxes so there goes my new computer into some politicians pocket...may still be able to afford the update but won't know till mid July...a minor cash festival gig in the offing.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

otakar

Killer render! Sharp, but not overly so.

Noticed the angular rigging in the bow (ropes have visible angles), not sure if you can smooth those out a bit.

Clay