The day when little Catherine decided...

Started by DocCharly65, June 03, 2016, 10:12:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocCharly65

I just had another idea to extend my animation script... and here come some light and color tests.

...little Catherine Janeway played in the holodeck and built a virtual bridge of a virtual starship. On that day she decided to become a starfleed captain and who would know.. one day...

[attach=1]

[attach=2]

[attach=3]

[attach=4]

The original Voyager bridge looks a bit different of course - but this is the virtual dream of a little girl  :)

The Voyager-bridge is from Chainsaw_NL found on Trekmeshes.
"Little Catherine" is from S.I.A bought on turbosquid

yossam

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Hannes

Dune

You make a lot of changes as you go.... will it ever be finished? Don't get me wrong, I LOVE your changes!!!

DocCharly65

Yes Ulco - at least I hope so that I'll finish the movie one day... so far I didn't change my "estimated time of arrival" in 2020  ;D

Bobby, I hope I won't disappoint you. The animation will be quite simple (so far as I have planned now) Just a girl in that holodeck,  a pivoting camera while little Catherine is talking into the log. So I can introduce some facts or some background to the story. At the moment I have not any idea or plans to animate a human face. And I don't want to change my concept of 99% Terragen-animated and -rendered animation.

DocCharly65

A very seldom phenomenon, but very simple constructions can even be built by myself... 2 days work with wings3D for that stupid grid...  ;D

[attach=1]

The fully projected bridge:

[attach=2]

and a frame between, while building the projection in the holodeck:

[attach=3]

and some 3D stuff
The pure empty holodeck works very good on a 3D-TV but in anaglyphic it would kill your eyes, so I only post the last two versions:

[attach=4]  [attach=5]

DocCharly65

With which WIP could I better test the TG4 speed if not with this reflection monster?  ;)

And I fantasized a bit further...
Little Catherine Janeway thought by herself: "Something really weird must have happend to this universe... I am sure I know Aunt Ellen a long time but also she seems not to belong here... All the time she's mumbling about something dangerous in the ventilation shafts.  Looking at the rabbit it gravitates me towards Silent Hill - but I can't remember that town - is it on earth? ---  AND  WHAT   THE  H...  DOES  THIS  DUCK  ON  THE  BRIDGE??"

[attach=1]

And now deep into the story  ;)  (The 3D anaglyphic version)

[attach=2]

I will twiggle a bit more on some details and on the story befor I start to make detailed plans for an animation.

Most important to me was testing the rendering speed and compatibility of all my old project files.
I could open this project. So far so good. But renderspeed was a full success!
TG3 needed 5 hours per frame -- TG4 1.5 h!
Very nice new effect are the lense flares. I am curious whatelse already goes and what will come at release or later  :)

Sorry... almost forgot again to mention some new model makers:
Ellen Ripley found on TF3DM offered by "3DRegenerator"
Dalek found on TurboSquid offered by "Kart_"

Kadri

We heard it from Bobby too for example, but from 5 to 1.5 hours is great to hear.
Wish it was already out 2 years ago :)

DocCharly65

I have an even better story, but I didn't want to show my Adama in the Helmet again only because of flares and speed. But there I had a reduction of the rendertime from 2.10 h to 5 minutes!

That means I will surely render some scenes with more ideas or effects.  ;)