Practice continues

Started by luvsmuzik, June 05, 2016, 04:27:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luvsmuzik

Working on surface layers, painted shaders, rock populations. Made a couple of trees in Blender for fill while waiting on a render. I still cannot get material name to transfer actual color even when naming materials. Do I have to say....green...or brown in material name also, or is leaf, trunk (or whatever I name the mesh) okay? These would be no image texture for fast render using color.

Oshyan

The names will have zero effect, only the diffuse color will transfer and *only* if the OBJ export process in Blender produces an accompanying MTL file (which is what communicates texturing information for the OBJ format). If you don't see both a .OBJ and a .MTL after you export, then it's not going to work right. If you do see a .MTL, open it in a text editor and look at what's inside. You should see some lines specifying colors. If you don't then for some reason Blender is not exporting that info.

- Oshyan

luvsmuzik

Thanks Oshyan. I do get an MTL file with the export and I have been then running obj through Poser freebie as well. I was thinking of how when you try to make a scene with POV Ray or similar how it spits back at you if you don't have the correct language. I am sure it is something simple I don't do correctly. I can assign color in TG easy enough. It maybe because object made in cycles rather than regular Blender, I will have to try again. Cycles has all the bells and whistles like glossy and glass automatic, so I got lazy.