Ocean

Started by Hannes, June 05, 2016, 06:05:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Hurry, Hannes. I can't wait. 

DocCharly65

Good luck Hannes - I know how it is to have to wait...  ;)

Hannes

79th frame atm!

Hannes

Finally it's done.
Here is the link to the HD version (1280 X 720px). It's an 18 MB file. More compression looked crappy:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dnoc957o9m828u0/Ocean%2098HD.mp4?dl=0

I tried to upscale it, but it didn't look good, so the only thing would be to render it in Full HD (at least) with very high quality settings, but that would take ages I assume.

Hope you like it.

Kadri

Nice animation Hannes :)
The small cloudy parts over the waves are a little noisy but other then this it looks great even in half HD.
The most i like are the moving sails.

DocCharly65

Great Hannes!

I'd say it's a kind of milestone in the TG usage. I don't remember to have seen anything like this rendered with TG in this quality and authenticity! Congratulations!  :)

(some details are only interesting to be improved if someone looks these seconds in persistent repetition  ;)  )

Dune

Top work, Hannes. I love it. A bit fast, but I slowed it down and it looked really good. I still think the vapour wasn't really necessary, but I appreciate your perseverance in this.

ajcgi

Ah yeah, that was worth the wait!
Great movement all round, not to mention the technical side.

luvsmuzik

Super! Very realistic movement and great camera tracking! Fascinating!

bobbystahr

Dunno how I missed this hannes...musta been musicing too much in August...awesome work and really well done on the wake. I know this is a niggle but I would have liked to have seen as bit of motion in the sales but that is likely a whole other story as this is titled ocean not sails....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Hannes

Thanks Bobby! Well, there is some motion in the sails. It's quite subtle, but it's there.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Hannes on October 15, 2016, 02:45:51 PM
Thanks Bobby! Well, there is some motion in the sails. It's quite subtle, but it's there.

I sit corrected...will watch it again on loop.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

TheBadger

Hey hannes,
Will you upload all your finals to your Vimeo or YouTube, I can't down load anything right now. But I want to see how everything you make turns out.

Cheers
It has been eaten.

Hannes

I just gathered all my TG animations ito one folder, so I guess, that would be a good idea. I'll see.

TheBadger

It has been eaten.