A bit of H2o work

Started by chefc, August 29, 2007, 11:40:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chefc

Attempted to get a since of the ocean at day's end C&C encouraged Can't get better unless you ask ;D ::)
Chef C  ;)

Serving the masses  8)

old_blaggard

That water looks like some of the stuff I saw (and swam through) during the evening on the Mediterranean when I visited Greece.  A pity there's some grain in the atmosphere, but so it goes.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

chefc

Would increasing the detail in render from .4 or increasing the quality settings  atm now @ 38 samples & Cloud layers @ .62  eliminate the graininess   ???
Probably a dumb ? but I gotta ask ;)
Chef C  ;)

Serving the masses  8)

old_blaggard

Don't bother increasing the cloud quality, but upping both of the other settings (especially atmosphere) could help.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

rcallicotte

This is good work.  o_b is right.  Increasing the atmoshphere samples to 64 might help.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

bigben

Increasing detail will also change your water a bit too, as would upping AA... and it willl also change your clouds. You may need to make some minor tweaks to these as well after you see the result (cropped renders will help preview it accurately)

chefc

Update still a WIP  I incresed atm to 56 tryed 64 but CRASH  ???
as of yet i have not utilised the crop feature bigben so I will give your suggestions a try
thanks ob for the tip
Chef C  ;)

Serving the masses  8)

rcallicotte

Sorry to hear about the crash.  56 is real close, though.  Is this the free version?  If so, I've seen / heard about work arounds using crops.  I think Buzzzzz does that.

chefc

I actually think it had to do with to many program's running  I'm gonna retry later this weekend I only have the free version for now ,I am registered w/9.43 so its just a matter of time till I utilize the discount ;)
Chef C  ;)

Serving the masses  8)

rcallicotte

Good.  You'll like the registered version even more.  Especially since the update.