Earth like planet + Red(ish) planet

Started by Ben3D, June 13, 2016, 02:12:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben3D

Hello! I have started work on a sci-fi visual novel and needed an earth like planet so I searched but couldn't find any that were to my taste or worked. So I took a couple of days to work on my own. As it is very difficult to make I have decided to share it to make it easier for others. Note that I am not a Terragen expert so some settings may not be optimal as I have adjusted some of them by eye and have no idea what they do exactly.

There are 3 painted shaders. One is for modifying coast lines, another is for adding details like fjords (Slartibartfast would like that  ;) ) and the last one is for the artic cover. The artic ice should cover more but I don't know why it doesn't. I'm not sure how my settings work... You can modify the terrain by using a random seed in the main terrain. There is a bug in the clouds where the shadow meets the light. You can see that there is a cloud line that is not there.

There is a red planet in the scene that I got from someone else (may be in this forum) and have made some modifications to it so I have included it also. But I don't know who to credit for it. You can enable or disable the planet that you want to work on or render.

The ship was bought on renderosity and is not part of the scene. Neither are the stars. The final render was made in Blender using 2 flat planes for the images of the planets.

I hope that you like it and will make it even better. Feel free to share any improvements made.

Benoit

[attachmini=1]
[attachimg=2]

bobbystahr

Thanks...will explore later tomorrow...mainly a music day here with a rehearsal afternoon and an evening performance at the beach.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Ben3D

BobbyStahr: What kind of music and what instrument do you play?

ArchonForest: My pleasure!  ;D (Is your name based on the game Archon?)

archonforest

Archon is coming from an rpg character who i really like.  :)
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

bobbystahr

I sing and play original tunes in a wide variety of styles as I've been doing that for 50 years mow and they do build up. Mainly acoustic, guitar, rarely mandolin and when the spirit moves me I do play electric, mostly blues and psychedellic....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New