Software Update Function

Started by Ironshirt, August 30, 2007, 03:54:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ironshirt

Hi Matt,

refering to your information I have a question...

Quote from: Matt on August 29, 2007, 11:08:18 AM

We'll send updates to registered Deep customers in the next few days, and post a reminder here on the forums in case there are any email delivery problems.

Matt

What about the software update function? Will it also work? If yes, will it update the software immediately (on the update's release day) or after a few days/weeks?

I ask because I own the Deep+Animation license, but since registration my EMail adress has changed...

Regards,

Michael

jo

Hi Michael,

The Software Update stuff should work. It will prompt you the second time you start TG2 after we update the stuff on the server. It doesn't actually update the software directly, but it will recognise you are using the Deep version and prompt you to visit a web page to download it.

Regards,

Jo

Ironshirt

Ok thats nice  :)

Thanks for your quick answer!

mnarlock

I also have the Deep+animation license.  The current version of TG2 I'm using is 1.8.76.  How far behind the times am I?  Is the software update automatic or is there an "update" button?  If so, I can't find it.

Thanks!
Michael J. Narlock
Head of Astronomy/Web Coordinator
Cranbrook Institute of Science
39221 Woodward Avenue
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48304

rcallicotte

mnarlock, this 1.8.76 is the most recent version.  Another update is coming soon.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

jo

Hi Mnarlock,

The software update is automatic, unless you happened to have turned it off. In any case, if you want to check it manually you can go to the preferences and use the Check Now button on the Software Update panel.

Regards,

Jo