Hill View

Started by Saurav, August 30, 2007, 04:12:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saurav

Here is something that I have been working on for the past few days.

edit: Tree model by mr-miley

sjefen

Holy macaroni :o Is all this Terragen. It looks totally real.
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

Saurav

Yeah all done in Terragen, even the bird.  :)  DOF was applied in Photoshop by a depth map outputted from Terragen 2. Slight colour adjustment done in AE and PS.

sjefen

You are my hero.
Want to share how you made the grass?
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

Saurav

4 different objects for the grass, I used 4 to make it more random/natural.

1: Main covering grass object, covers most of the hill (high density).
2: Another main covering  grass object with slightly different colour shade to give some variation. Use the populator in small size overlapping one another to give it some patchiness (high density).
3: Tall ones that pop out every now and then (look near the boundary of sky terrain you can see them), (sparse density).
4: Grass clumps that are taller/darker than the main covering objects to add random rough patches (sparse density).

That's basically it, pretty simple huh? no magic tricks. :D

edit: I also find it necessary to render with high AA (4+) settings when there are objects involved, it tends to give better results.

Volker Harun

A mentioned on renderosity - I haven't seen anything before to compare it with! Very outstanding work!

mr-miley

Hey.. Thats my tree  ;D Glad to see someone has made damn fine use of it. This is a most excelent render. Not a lot else I can say to this, its superb  :)
I love the smell of caffine in the morning

Saurav

Hi mr-miley.

I had a hard time finding out who's tree it was, on your website it was credited under Harvery Birdman. I contacted Harvery and he told me it wasn't his.  So I wasn't sure. Thanks for sharing that tree, mighty fine model. I can now credit you. ;)

mr-miley

Saurav.... sorry, I wasn't asking for a credit, I don't mind if I get credited or not (nice if I do) and yeah, I will have to fix my site to stop Harvey taking all the credit for my tree  ;D I was just so surprised to see it used so well  :o
I love the smell of caffine in the morning

xNickx

nvseal

Holy freakin cow!  :o That is one of the most perfectly realistic renders I have ever seen! No critics, it's flawless.

chefc

Chef C  ;)

Serving the masses  8)

Tangled-Universe

Outstanding work Saurav, very realistic!
What kind of species did you use for the shrubs/bushes?

Regards,
Martin

Saurav

They were from the shrubs pack from Xfrog Plants. From memory they were Elderberry.

rcallicotte

This is well done.  Nice imagination.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?