Hill View

Started by Saurav, August 30, 2007, 04:12:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adiwan

OMFSM!!!
This is a damn good image!
The only thing that disturbs is that the right tree looks strange. The right tree doesn't really fit.

reck

OMG that's amazing  :o

Nice work Saurav

sjefen

Thank you for the answer Saurav. But did you use image map or did you only use colour for the grass?
Again... Superb work. The grass is perfect. I was sure it was a image :P
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

Saurav

Image map for textures on the objects (grass).

Buzzzzz

Good One! Clouds, Composition, Grass cover are right on. Although I would like to see less blur in the foreground bushes and the trees could benefit from some bark texture in my opinion. 

cyphyr

Great image, makes me think of Hampstead Heath. I wonder who will be meeting who on that bench ...
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Mr_Lamppost

Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.

Inscrutable

I don't really like it at all.

Naaaaah, only kidding, I just thought I'd be the odd one out.  Really I think this is one of the most amazing pictures I've seen.  The layout os so simple and stark but urtterly effective.  It brings to mind a park that I once went to in Liverpool.

Stunning - gets my vote for image of the week, month, decade...

Inscrutable

efflux

Yes, I saw this at renderosity. Great work.

ovaflo

Could I just ask what your spacing and clump size were? Because I commonly find that my grass is too far apart that there are huge gaps between clumps or so close together that Tg2 craches because there are so many polys. I'm of course assuming you left the default amount of blades at 10000 per clump.

Saurav

Hi Ovaflo

These were imported objects, not the default TG grass blades. I the spacing between them were .1. I have 4GB of RAM and I have never run into the issue of object population crashing on my system yet. I have to ask what version of TG you are using? If you are using the free personal use version there is a new one on it's way that has a lot of improvements which my solve some of the problems you are having. I believe currently the best way to add grass is via import of objects. Hope this shed some light.

Saurav