Fiery Sunset on Shallow Lake Still Water

Started by 3DnTechNut, June 20, 2016, 04:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

3DnTechNut

Here is another test on my quest to nail down some realistic looking clouds and atmospheres, the terrain is from height field image I painted in Photoshop using cloud brushes and then clamping the high and low in Terragen and putting some erodes on it as well.  The terrain is not so easy to see because it is a sunset scene, I will render another brighter scene on Monday.  The waters edge is kind of harsh, I need to figure out how to soften the look, it is very shallow only a few meters.  The scene also has two atmospheres in it, I loaded one of my clip files and noticed that both atmospheres stayed so I changed the haze on each one and I have one feeding another input as an experiment, I probably will not leave it this way.

I did not do any post processing on the image, the sky would really pop if I boosted the contrast a bit, I looked at in in Photoshop but did not save it.

Dune

bobbystahr

Agree w Dune and there is a contrast control in Render options that you could experiment in the next render...save posting.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

DannyG

You really nailed the colors in the sky, if I may suggest reworking the terrain and add some srf textures and perhaps some populations. Nice start
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd