Teaser: Make new Friends

Started by DocCharly65, June 19, 2016, 08:07:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocCharly65

On one side I wanted to do a longer teaser, but on the other side I get the feeling that when I finish my full film, you know all scenes already  ;D

So a short version:
Have fun

https://vimeo.com/171289080

As usual all Models from xfrog, scifi3d.com, TF3DM
Soundtrack by Nils

Hannes

Looks great, Nils!! I like the lighting very much.

Nitpicking: there's a typo at the end: you wrote "frinds" instead of "friends".

DocCharly65

uuups!!! I'll try to reupload a corrected version... let's see if vimeo accepts reuploads on the same link...

Of course first i must rerender the cut scene in magix

DocCharly65

Quote from: Hannes on June 19, 2016, 08:14:51 AM
Looks great, Nils!! I like the lighting very much.

Nitpicking: there's a typo at the end: you wrote "frinds" instead of "friends".

Ok, the Reup is online. Worked fine to exchange just the file. I think I like Vimeo so far  :)

Dune

Terrific. Still, I like your teasers, and a whole finished movie is different anyway. So I hope you keep on teasing.

DocCharly65

Quote from: Dune on June 19, 2016, 09:53:08 AM
Terrific. Still, I like your teasers, and a whole finished movie is different anyway. So I hope you keep on teasing.

...ok... will keep on  :)

DocCharly65

A small success, a setback and a new idea...

I needed an idea, how and where the two robots meet first time. I chose the desert because the quality of the landscape is ok for me and not a bad choice.

https://vimeo.com/172693848

For my animation test I needed several weeks again untill I found the right settings for little dust clouds behind the robot as I wanted them. Decent but visible. First I was uncomfortable with that jumps of the robot but my "female test audience" thought that was so sweet, that I decided to keep it -- and now I like it too.

But a little catrastrophy: All the time watching the teaser in the canyon I thought something is wrong with the bb-8 robot design. Its a difference of only some millimeters. Just look out for yourself - the left version is in the robot design as in the animation (same robot design in the teaser) and the right version is as it should be:

[attach=1]     [attach=2]

I mounted the head in a wrong position - it's too deep / too close to the body :-[
That would not be so bad if it was just the learning effect. But the pixelplow-costs...  :P ???

Anyway I'll rerender the teaser and it will be a little longer... And these two sweet new friends are worth it, aren't they?  :)

[attach=3]

(I think this view is worth a 3D version... I hope the right-eye render is ready tonight.)

Edited 9:37 AM:
watching that last image I am sure it makes sense for the whole movie, that behind those hills somewhere the canyon starts...

DocCharly65

As promised the 3d version now.

Also a little additional model:
Sandcrawler found on syfi3d.com
Authors:    
    Karl Stocker (Pixeltek) (Original Model)
    Jason Tinsley (Conversion/Remapping)

[attach=1]

The 3D Anaglyphic version:

[attach=2]

Dune

j meyer

8) That BB guy seems to have a good suspension.

Ulco it's on the ridge in the back, left side.

Kadri

Nice. How long takes it to render one frame Nils?

DocCharly65

Thanks guys  :)

Ulco - thats right its in the top left area - little hommage to the desert scenes of the first old Star Wars movie. It's so far away that I didn't do an detail or texture work on it.  ;D

Kadri, I must wait for the other jobs finishing. I think it will need app. the same as the bb-8 coming from the city. That needs 20 min. per frame on the core i7.

To compare : The helmet (still running) or the rising alien needed up to 2.5 h per frame.

Kadri

Quote from: DocCharly65 on June 29, 2016, 01:39:44 PM
... That needs 20 min. per frame on the core i7....

Not bad.

Quote from: DocCharly65 on June 29, 2016, 01:39:44 PM
To compare : The helmet (still running) or the rising alien needed up to 2.5 h per frame.

Ouch!