Terragen 4 Open Beta

Started by Oshyan, July 01, 2016, 06:58:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin F

Quote from: Oshyan on July 03, 2016, 03:22:32 AM
Quote from: Kevin F on July 02, 2016, 05:51:15 AM
Thanks for this. Not stable on my system though. 4 crashes in two hours!. Spends ages when making changes to parameters of older tgd's then stops working.
using i7 3930K
3.20 GHz
32GB DDR3

Were you using the Realtime Preview (RTP) during these crashes? Or were there any other specific actions that might have caused it?

- Oshyan

No, all were after making changes to either terrain displacements or shader displacement values/flavours.

MutantPixel

Can't find anything definitive, but it looks as though us v2 users are going to be left out in the cold come upgrade time; hopefully that's not the case.

Matt

There is an upgrade path from TG2. At the moment you can do this by upgrading to TG3 and adding the 1 Year Maintenance Option (this will give you updates to 4.x for 1 year after first release date). There may be other routes too.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

mogn

It seems that when i enter the product place tg4 cannot seen.

Oshyan

Please email us at support AT planetside.co.uk if you have any problems.

- Oshyan

Sun Gate

So - this means there won't be a 32-bit Windows version of T4 anymore? :(

Matt

Quote from: Sun Gate on July 06, 2016, 09:35:01 AM
So - this means there won't be a 32-bit Windows version of T4 anymore? :(

Maybe. We haven't made a final decision on this yet. 32-bit Windows limits the amount of RAM that Terragen can use to only 2Gb or 3Gb, depending on Windows boot settings. Terragen 4 needs more RAM than Terragen 3 when working with objects (this enables us to render much faster), and the new clouds can also be quite RAM-hungry to get the best results. So we strongly recommend upgrading to 64-bit Windows.

May I ask what version of Windows you're using and how much RAM you have?

Matt

Sun Gate

My computer is quite old. Core 2 Duo w. 4 Gb RAM. Therefore I'm still on Windows 7, 32 bit. I'm still quite content with that.

(BTW. Is there a chance Terragen 0.9 (classic) ever will be set free?)

kaedorg

Hi

Not sure why but TG4 Open Beta is not working on my computer.
Window 7 Pro (64 bits)

David

Oshyan

Quote from: kaedorg on July 08, 2016, 05:43:06 AM
Hi

Window 7 Pro (64 bits)

David

In what way is it not working? Did you install successfully? Does it load the UI, or not? Does it crash? Details please. :)

- Oshyan

kaedorg

Quote from: Oshyan on July 08, 2016, 03:56:40 PM
Quote from: kaedorg on July 08, 2016, 05:43:06 AM
Hi

Window 7 Pro (64 bits)

David

In what way is it not working? Did you install successfully? Does it load the UI, or not? Does it crash? Details please. :)

- Oshyan

It does not load the UI. So no crash. It stays as shown on the picture

David

[attachimg=1]

Matt

In order to get some more information, please run tgdcli.exe from the program folder. This will show a log of what Terragen is doing. I'm interested in what the last few lines of the log say when it gets stuck.

Matt

kaedorg

Quote from: Matt on July 10, 2016, 09:07:24 PM
In order to get some more information, please run tgdcli.exe from the program folder. This will show a log of what Terragen is doing. I'm interested in what the last few lines of the log say when it gets stuck.

Matt

Is tgdcli.exe supposed to create a log file ? Cant' find any and doing nothing too

David

KlausK

Take a look at the installation folder of TG4 Beta - usually C:\Program Files\Planetside Software\Terragen 4 Beta\
There is a folder "Docs" which has a file named "win_command_line.txt" in it.
Maybe that helps to create a log file with tgdcli.exe.

cheers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

Oshyan

It does not create a log file automatically. You need to watch the commandline window that pops up. You can find ways to "pipe" the output of commandline programs to a text file, though I don't recall the specific instructions. It's a general thing though, not Terragen-specific, so should be easily Google-able.

- Oshyan