Terragen 4 Open Beta

Started by Oshyan, July 01, 2016, 06:58:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oshyan

The change log for Beta 2 is here (yes there are differences): http://terragen4.com/change-log-for-terragen-4-beta-2-3-9-07-0/

- Oshyan

Kadri

It was more like can i install it over the old one or should i uninstall the old one first Oshyan :)
Just asking because of the Beta nature.

Edit: Never mind. As it is a beta, uninstalling would be the best probably. So i did.

AP

I tried downloading the latest Beta but it saved as an HTML file. Does anyone know how to change it back to an executable file?

Issue has been resolved.

Kadri

Quote from: AP on August 01, 2016, 04:08:15 AM
I tried downloading the latest Beta but it saved as an HTML file. Does anyone know how to change it back to an executable file?

I assume you have Windows.

If you use something like Totalcommander it is very easy.
Just click two times (but with a little pause between clicks) and then delete the "  .html  " part.

If you use the native Windows explorer use this method to see the file extension.
Then you can 2 click as above or right click and use the  "rename" option.
http://www.file-extensions.org/article/show-and-hide-file-extensions-in-windows-10

If you use a different Windows version just search for something like "changing hidden extensions in windows *whatever version you have* "

AP

Yes, Windows 7. I used the "rename" option. That worked and the issue was resolved swiftly. This event was a bit odd because this never occurred before. Thank you very much.   :)

Kadri

:)
The installer before had not this problem. I had to change it too (Firefox).

AP

I am using Firefox as well. The last Beta downloaded correctly for me, just not this time.

KlausK

Thanks again for making Beta2 available to us.
cheers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

KlausK

No problems with downloading or renaming here (Pale Moon browser).

I thought I install TG Beta2 into a different folder alongside TG Beta1.
Renamed the folder suggested by the installer to C:\Program Files\ Planetside Software\ Terragen 4 Beta2\
but the installer simply deleted/overwrote the previous C:\Program Files\ Planetside Software\ Terragen 4 Beta\ folder of Beta1.
I guess that is by design to avoid any conflicts between versions.

cheers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

Dune

The latter is a bit weird indeed. I tried installing the public beta alongside the private (alpha tester's) beta for testing purposes only, and made a new folder (and also chose the right folder!), but it didn't work as expected and overwrote my private (alpha) beta in the other folder. When trying to reinstall the private (alpha) beta alongside the public, in yet another handmade folder, I couldn't as a newer file was found. So, no public beta testing for me. You guys are a step ahead of me now  :P

Matt

The TG4 Betas for Windows do not allow you to install multiple versions of the Beta. It is technically possible to work around this by copying files to a different folder before installing the new version, but you will confuse the update checker by doing that, so I recommend you don't do that.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

kaedorg

I just downloaded the new Beta version.
The previous one didn't work on my windows 7 pro, but the new one works perfectly.
Just wanted to let you know it. And thanks again for your great and amazing job ;-)

David

Jo Kariboo

Quote from: Oshyan on August 01, 2016, 02:25:03 AM
The Mac beta is now out, along with Beta 2 for Windows with an extended expiration date. Enjoy!
http://terragen4.com/beta/

- Oshyan

:D

Thank you very much for the Mac version.
I do not know if the other Mac user have this problem but I just realized that I can not save an image in .exr. TG4 leaves without drastically. The picture .exr is totally black.  The backup TIFF seems OK.

sboerner

Quote from: Oshyan on August 01, 2016, 02:25:03 AM
The Mac beta is now out, along with Beta 2 for Windows with an extended expiration date. Enjoy!
http://terragen4.com/beta/

- Oshyan

Thank you from a Mac user! Looking forward to taking it for a spin.

Clay

When I download the mac beta all I get is an html file?