Terragen 4 Open Beta

Started by Oshyan, July 01, 2016, 06:58:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oshyan

Today we're extremely excited to be able to offer a free open beta of Terragen 4. There are some big changes in Terragen 4, including the all-new realtime ray-traced preview, amazingly realistic cloud shading model, lens effects, improved render times, and much more. If you've been following our Terragen4.com updates, you've heard all about it. Now you can try it out for yourself!

The beta version is completely free and unrestricted, with all Terragen 4 features available for you to test during the period of the beta. The beta will expire and will no longer run once Terragen 4.0 is released as a final version in the near future. In the meantime download and enjoy all that Terragen 4 has to offer!

(note: only the 64 bit Windows version is available at this time - the Mac version is coming soon!)

Download the Terragen 4 Beta: http://terragen4.com/beta

And read through our guide to the Realtime Preview (RTP) in Terragen 4 to learn how to get the most out of this powerful new workflow enhancement: http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,21730.0.html

Release notes and change log: http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,21732.0.html

- Oshyan

KlausK

Thank you very much! Just downloaded it.

Can we install side by side with version 3.x ?

cheers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

Matt

You can install alongside Terragen 3. Terragen 4 Beta is installed as a different program. However, file associations (such as loading Terragen by clicking on a .tgd file) will be with the most recently-installed program.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

jwiede

Quote from: Oshyan on July 01, 2016, 06:58:38 PM
the Mac version is coming soon!

Can't wait to try out the Mac version!

AP

Thank You Planetside for allowing the opportunity to test the Terragen 4 Beta.   

3DnTechNut

This is cruel!  I was off all day Wednesday and Thursday and kept checking my email to see if there was an update about Terragen 4, and nothing, then tonight, my Monday, I am getting ready to go to work the overnight shift and I see the Open Beta notification, now my night is creeping by so slowly with anticipation.  Now I am having a hard time not watching the clock! :-\

I can't wait to give it a try!

Thanks for making it available.

mhaze

Just downloading this now - can't wait to play.

mogn

Thanks for the download.
It seems to work, except the essential "settings" , no setting box pops up?

Kevin F

Thanks for this. Not stable on my system though. 4 crashes in two hours!. Spends ages when making changes to parameters of older tgd's then stops working.
using i7 3930K
3.20 GHz
32GB DDR3

mogn

Tried again, now it seems to work.

Mr_Lamppost

Thank you for the beta.

I had a whole list of things to do this weekend; NO CHANCE  ;D
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.

digitalguru

Just tried to change the file association back to Terragen 3 after instaliing the beta and a .tgd file won't open from Windows 7 explorer

get the error message "the parameter is incorrect"

had to uninstall both the beta and Terragen 3 to get the file association back

is there a way to fix that?

Matt

Quote from: digitalguru on July 02, 2016, 01:18:05 PM
Just tried to change the file association back to Terragen 3 after instaliing the beta and a .tgd file won't open from Windows 7 explorer

get the error message "the parameter is incorrect"

had to uninstall both the beta and Terragen 3 to get the file association back

is there a way to fix that?

To associate files with TG3 I suggest uninstalling both, then installing the TG4 Beta first, then TG3. That might do it, but I haven't tried it myself.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

Oshyan

Quote from: Kevin F on July 02, 2016, 05:51:15 AM
Thanks for this. Not stable on my system though. 4 crashes in two hours!. Spends ages when making changes to parameters of older tgd's then stops working.
using i7 3930K
3.20 GHz
32GB DDR3

Were you using the Realtime Preview (RTP) during these crashes? Or were there any other specific actions that might have caused it?

- Oshyan

digitalguru

QuoteTo associate files with TG3 I suggest uninstalling both, then installing the TG4 Beta first, then TG3. That might do it, but I haven't tried it myself.

thanks Matt, that works ok