Contest winners

Started by bobbystahr, July 01, 2016, 07:48:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

Oshyan

Hannes

Well, are there any official announcements or any other news about the contest?

bobbystahr

Quote from: Hannes on July 25, 2016, 09:49:08 AM
Well, are there any official announcements or any other news about the contest?

Yeah, like a gallery of the winning images would be nice.....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Hannes

Quote from: bobbystahr on July 25, 2016, 11:11:57 AM
Yeah, like a gallery of the winning images would be nice.....

Indeed!

Kadri

The timing of TG 4 Beta and contest got Oshyan and Matt very bad i think  :D

Oshyan

Yeah, it was a lot at once, unfortunately. Sorry for the delays guys. We'll get back to the contest house keeping when we get back from SIGGRAPH next week. First will be a gallery of simple 2D versions of the winning scenes (single perspective). After that we will do cooler things. ;)

- Oshyan

AP

Speaking of SIGGRAPH, please share some experiences and thoughts when you all have some time and what is going on in the marketplace.   

bobbystahr

Quote from: Oshyan on July 28, 2016, 02:54:32 AM
Yeah, it was a lot at once, unfortunately. Sorry for the delays guys. We'll get back to the contest house keeping when we get back from SIGGRAPH next week. First will be a gallery of simple 2D versions of the winning scenes (single perspective). After that we will do cooler things. ;)

- Oshyan
cool
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Oshyan

Quote from: AP on July 28, 2016, 06:45:26 AM
Speaking of SIGGRAPH, please share some experiences and thoughts when you all have some time and what is going on in the marketplace.   

There was a lot! What would you like to know? What "marketplace" are you referring to, the general Computer Graphics market, or landscape/environment rendering in particular?

- Oshyan

AP

Apologies for being rather vague. I can not say, honestly. I have been very curious about the event for many years now so it is nice to hear from people that have been there.

Oshyan

Well, if you're interested in computer graphics on a technical (or artistic) level, it's a pretty amazing experience. The amount of knowledge being shared openly in panels, courses, and the like is incredible. The camaraderie and idea exchange of "Birds of a Feather" (sort of "user group) sessions is fantastic. And you can see (and often experience) demos of some of the newest, often previously unseen technology and concepts. In recent years the VR stuff in particular has been a big presence at the show, and you can get hands-on with a lot of cool and unique VR experiences and projects. It's a great time for those interested in this industry.

- Oshyan

Hannes

I hope you don't mind me asking, if there are any news about the presentation of the contest entries. It's very quiet during the last weeks.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Hannes on August 20, 2016, 11:51:54 AM
I hope you don't mind me asking, if there are any news about the presentation of the contest entries. It's very quiet during the last weeks.

Yeah...when do we get to see the winners...please.....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New