Contest winners

Started by bobbystahr, July 01, 2016, 07:48:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oshyan

The unfortunate reality is that it became a "perfect storm" with the timing of TG4 finalization and the challenge results. We've got the majority of other prizes going out to winners already, but the rendering is proving challenging on some scenes. We will share results as soon as we can, that's the best we can say for now. We appreciate your patience!

- Oshyan

bobbystahr

Quote from: Oshyan on August 20, 2016, 04:35:56 PM
The unfortunate reality is that it became a "perfect storm" with the timing of TG4 finalization and the challenge results. We've got the majority of other prizes going out to winners already, but the rendering is proving challenging on some scenes. We will share results as soon as we can, that's the best we can say for now. We appreciate your patience!

- Oshyan

Thanks for the update and I suspect we all expected that would happen...I just like to whine....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Jo Kariboo

I received the TG4key and I downloaded today TG4.
A big thank you to Matt, Oshyan and all Planetside staff for the contest.  :D

Hannes

I may be a pain in the ass, but are there any news regarding the contest now that it's almost two months since the last posting in this thread?

Dune

You beat me to it, I was kind of thinking the same today.

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Oshyan

We are working on finalizing the scenes for higher resolution rendering, along with all the ongoing TG4 work (bug fixing, optimization, documentation update, etc. etc.). Thanks for your patience!

- Oshyan

bobbystahr

Quote from: Oshyan on November 07, 2016, 01:29:23 PM
We are working on finalizing the scenes for higher resolution rendering, along with all the ongoing TG4 work (bug fixing, optimization, documentation update, etc. etc.). Thanks for your patience!

- Oshyan

Thanks man.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Jo Kariboo

I get the impression that we are several to look forward to watching all the pictures of the participants. Personally I am curious and I still have interest.

Hannes

...submissively asking whether there maybe are any news about the contest's details... ;)

Dune

Hannes

I mean the images. All of them. The final ones. Don't tell me, they were already shown!

Dune

Nope, I guess it's more work than they anticipated. Output must be wonderful!

bobbystahr

My guess is the update that IIRC Matt implied may come Dec-Jan is way more intensely time consumptive...just a guess.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Hannes

Almost a year has passed now, and still nothing? I'd really love to see all the other images.
I know, there are other important things to do, but it feels a bit strange to see such a great contest left incomplete for so long.