Terragen 4 beta

Started by yossam, July 01, 2016, 08:23:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yossam

Had a hell of a time getting it to run after installation. For some reason Avast didn't like the exe.............it put it in the chest every time I tried to run it. Reported as a false positive. Avast version 12.1.2272.

bobbystahr

Quote from: yossam on July 01, 2016, 08:23:24 PM
Had a hell of a time getting it to run after installation. For some reason Avast didn't like the exe.............it put it in the chest every time I tried to run it. Reported as a false positive. Avast version 12.1.2272.

I'd file a bug report with Avast. Mid render so I haven't installed it yet...3 hours in so I don't wanna crash the render.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

yossam

Already filed a false positive report with Avast................needin' glasses Bobby? Reread the OP............. :P

bobbystahr

Quote from: yossam on July 01, 2016, 08:48:50 PM
Already filed a false positive report with Avast................needin' glasses Bobby? Reread the OP............. :P

Just not readin well it seems...sorry man...plus I likely do need an update on my eye wear....been a while.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

yossam

Sorry if I sounded snarky..........not in a very good mood right now.  :-\

bobbystahr

Quote from: yossam on July 01, 2016, 09:08:14 PM
Sorry if I sounded snarky..........not in a very good mood right now.  :-\

N P; a bit non plussed with life now as well cuz I may be able to install the BETA but I doubt I have the horsepower to run it the way I'm already choking my box with 3.4....sigh....i'll give it the 'old college try' though...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

AP

So far, so good. I see some other new features not mentioned as of yet. I have an inquiry about the Scale filter for the Fractal warp shader, it's purpose?

mhaze

I like the Smooth voronoi noise but is there any chance of adding an input for a constant scalar to vary the amount of smoothness?

The preview: One, I seem to have to render the view first up to whatever res I want say 80 the turn rtp on! If i turn rtp on at say 10 it does not render to a higher res! Two, When I move the veiw with rtp on the image disappears as I rotate the first image out of sight.  Hope that makes sense! Is this the correct behaviour?

Kevin F

Yeah, the RTP only seems to work once you have previewed at HD (160). And what do the iteration figures mean? e.g. 7-9 \20  etc.

yossam

Got a reply from Avast................tgd.exe has been cleared and added to database so it shouldn't be a problem any more.  :)

Mr_Lamppost

Quote from: yossam on July 02, 2016, 09:53:05 AM
Got a reply from Avast................tgd.exe has been cleared and added to database so it shouldn't be a problem any more.  :)

I've installed on two machines and in both cases vast has spent a few seconds "Analysing .exe file", then cleared the beta.  :)
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.

bobbystahr

Way t go...squeaky wheel and all that...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Quote from: Mr_Lamppost on July 02, 2016, 08:29:05 PM

I've installed on two machines and in both cases vast has spent a few seconds "Analysing .exe file", then cleared the beta.  :)

I have Avira and it passed it right off.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Oshyan

Thanks for reporting the false positive to Avast!

Here's more info on the RTP (yes, what you are seeing is intended behavior/limitation at the moment):
http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,21730.0.html

- Oshyan

AP

What exactly is the purpose of the Scale filter for the Fractal warp shader?