Terragen 4 beta

Started by yossam, July 01, 2016, 08:23:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Perhaps, if fed by PF, it will decrease scale where fractal is black? Never used/tested it actually, so good question.

Matt

Fractal Warp Shader's new "scale filter" logarithmically scales the maximum feature scale of the fractal. A value of 1 allows warping at all scales. A value of 0.5 filters out scales greater than 1 thousandth of the main scale parameter. A value of 0 filters out scales greater than 1 millionth of the main scale parameter.

Basically, it's a great way to vary the scale of the patterns using other shaders. Because it "filters" the patterns, rather than scaling the texture space, it doesn't have any of the distortion problems that you might see if you try to vary the scale of the noise function nodes such as Perlin, Voronoi etc. I also decided to make it a logarithmic scale because I think that makes it easier to use this capability to affect the appearance of a surface.

Ulco, you should try it.
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

Dune

Yeah, I will, as it's hard to visualize the words (I knew them, but didn't quite grasp them). Thanks for posting, Matt.

bobbystahr

Well although I likely did things counter intuitatively I got some fun results.

have fun if you want... ;D
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

AP

Fractal warp shader Scale filter using a very low octave Power fractal shader with value inputs of 0, 0.25, 0.5, 0.75 and 1.

Dune

What's this with clicking your tumbnail? An error occurs  :o

AP

Dune

It's normal again (yes yours), must have been some glitch.

bobbystahr

I got this setting up a population. Hadn't yet hit the Populate button though...curious.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Oshyan

Strange Bobby. Can you reproduce it?

-  Oshyan

Dune

Aj, that's one I haven't had ever.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Oshyan on August 30, 2016, 01:11:18 AM
Strange Bobby. Can you reproduce it?

-  Oshyan

I tried but with no luck...I think it's this old computer actually...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New