Beta 4 - Preview unlike render.

Started by Mr_Lamppost, July 02, 2016, 08:59:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

Quote from: Matt on August 29, 2018, 02:26:26 PM
I wasn't aware of that. If you encounter the shapes being different, please send us a TGD and we'll see what's going on.

Will do though I haven't really used the RTP in months due to issues with working on clouds in IT and than rendering to have a somewhat different result. Just wasn't a good work flow, a lot of guessing when I did better guessing based on the basic preview and 2D previews. xD

One thing it seemed very noticeable in is the nebulae stuff. Twists and twirls weren't matching up and lighting interaction was misleading me as to how it was glowing in clouds compared to "star" position.

D.A. Bentley (SuddenPlanet)

Quote from: Matt on August 29, 2018, 02:26:26 PM
I wasn't aware of that. If you encounter the shapes being different, please send us a TGD and we'll see what's going on.

Thanks Matt.  I'll send my example file tonight when I get home.

Derek

D.A. Bentley (SuddenPlanet)

I forgot to send an example Matt, but I was doing some rendering and discovered something interesting.  Look at how the shadowed areas in the render show up like fog in the RTP.  Interesting eh?  Not sure if it related to why we were seeing different shapes in the RTP as compared to the final render of certain clouds.

[attach=1]
[attach=2]

Derek