Sun and glow renders in front of cloud, not behind

Started by Prometheus, July 31, 2017, 02:02:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Thanks for catching the Transform input shader thing Kadri...was out to eat food with friends and just got back.
not sure if the presets are available with the free version though.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Kadri

Wants just an email address i think when i tried it just now Bobby.
I am not sure too.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Kadri on August 01, 2017, 04:44:13 PM

Wants just an email address i think when i tried it just now Bobby.
I am not sure too.

Cool, I didn't get it till I got the full 2 from hannes way back but I depend on them now with my colourblindness. Keeps my work less garish.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Oshyan

Quote from: Prometheus on August 01, 2017, 02:07:09 PM
...what bothers me now before any more speed improvements, that is the accuracy of rendering previewer the same as final results, I do not which to tweak and tweak and find a nice sky or sunset then only to render it out and finding it has changed a lot in colors..getting the right sky and colors is so subtle and delicate so it just Has to be completly accurate.

This can definitely be a concern specifically with the new cloud shading and we'd like to improve it. It's challenging because if we use the same voxel resolution as the render (which would give equivalent shading), then the preview is much less responsive. If we don't, then it can be less accurate in some situations. We're looking at possible solutions.

And the next thing I would adress ..is the navigation and value settings, I just imported a transformed procedural terrain from lightwave, and if I haven´t missed anything, is there really no other way of adjusting values than entering manually, no slider shortcut? it would also need to have a sort of scale all values in a set uniformly, as you do in blender by simply selecting them with the mouse and drag, so not to repeat the mistakes of how Lightwave does it, entering each value for x, y, z  three times every time you change something, but at least Lightwave has sliders.

So getting proper value sliders and control is essential to push terragen to be more proffesional, cause honestly it doesn´t look good with such value controls.

There are two reasons we don't have sliders for scale values. First, numerical accuracy is of primary importance, Terragen works with real-world units (meters) and so we encourage use of specific values. Of course this can be a bit slower if you just want to "eyeball it". The other reason is finding room in the UI for all those potential additional sliders. But we hear your feedback and will consider it for the future.

And further that, gizmo move and rotate handles in the viewports they need to be easier to find and acess.

Picking overlapping objects and other items can be difficult even in other software. The best approach is just to right-click in the 3D preview and select the option/object you need from there.

And four quad viewports, good for checking heights of clouds and other objects while viewing a camera viewport.

Prior to the introduction of the RTP we had multiple views you could create as floating windows. We'll be bringing back this capability again in the future and you can then make your own 4-view (or 2-view, 8 view, whatever you want).

After that..introduce terrain sculpting..if it´s not there and Ivé missed it.

You can do basic sculpting with the Painted Shader in combination with a Displacement Shader or other displacement-providing node. More sophisticated sculpting is planned for the future.

- Oshyan