Terragen 4 - Dark theme

Started by Mr_Lamppost, July 03, 2016, 07:54:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr_Lamppost

In some of the previews Tg4 appears to be running with a dark themed interface I was just wondering if this is going to be an option in the final version 4 release? 
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.

Oshyan

It will be an option in the future, but probably not available with the first 4.0 release.

- Oshyan

mhaze

Pity, I like dark interfaces.

Mr_Lamppost

Quote from: mhaze on July 04, 2016, 04:54:34 AM
Pity, I like dark interfaces.
Totally agree. The dark option is usually the first thing I look for.
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.

reck

Flythru

Pity, :( was hoping for that feature also.

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Oshyan

We want it too, it will just take some other (important) changes happening first to make it possible.

- Oshyan

sjefen

ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

Oshyan

We are working on the significant under-the-hood changes to the code that will allow for a dark theme and many other improvements and change in the future. It's a lot of work up-front for long-term gain, and it's still in progress. No ETA currently, unfortunately.

- Oshyan

sjefen

Alright. Thanks for the info Oshyan

- Terje
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

Argopo

I just upgraded from T2 and would love a Dark Theme option.

Please make it happen asap.

Thanks!

D.A. Bentley (SuddenPlanet)

I like the Dark UI as well.  It has become kind of a standard these days for CG programs.  I am not complaining, don't get me wrong, Terragen has a very efficient and clean UI, but if there are plans to update the UI scheme/colors and other elements I really would love to see a somewhat fresher look for the node network view.  One example I like (others may hate) is Modo's schematic view.  I'm sure there are many others to look at, but it's dark, and the nodes have rounded corners!  Yay!  And curvy connection lines.  ;)

DannyG

I have to chime in on this. I would love to see the darker CC type theme. I know this drives a lot of work for the Big Guy, but it would be nice to see a fresh UI. (at least in Color)
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd