Param C tests

Started by fleetwood, July 04, 2016, 08:35:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Looks like it. There's also the interplay with the color of the cloud. Perhaps a low Param C and lighter cloud will yield interesting results as well. While you're at it, Fleetwood..... ;)

Kadri

Good tests. Still not sure how to interpret that option. 

fleetwood

Quote from: Dune on July 09, 2016, 01:29:19 AM
Looks like it. There's also the interplay with the color of the cloud. Perhaps a low Param C and lighter cloud will yield interesting results as well. While you're at it, Fleetwood..... ;)

So many possibilities. I usually leave cloud color at 0.25 white since I recall Matt indicated (at least I think he did) that setting the cloud whiteness above  0.25 goes beyond what is possible with light in real clouds, but there are plenty of cases when going lighter seemed to give the emphasis or effect I wanted.   

Dune

Yes, you have to take care not to bleach all whites into just white.

fleetwood

One final example using a negative Param C value of  - 0.1.
Interesting result, but seems to have what look like bucket related artifacts.

Dune

Yeah, very weird. Well, sometimes it pays to use extreme or negative values, sometimes it doesn't.

3DnTechNut

Quote from: fleetwood on July 09, 2016, 03:46:05 PM
One final example using a negative Param C value of  - 0.1.
Interesting result, but seems to have what look like bucket related artifacts.

Interesting result. 

Does anybody else see two dogs looking down at the ground from the negative cloud? 

Maybe I have been working to long?! :-\

Dune

Now that you mention it, yes. Funny.

KlausK

Right!
A little bit like Falcor, the flying Luck Dragon from "The Never ending Story" by Michael Ende, hehe.
cheers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

fleetwood

I see them now, cute little Bluetick hound pups and Timmy and Lassie way far away in the background (well, maybe not without enhancement)

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist