Beta 4 Camera Altitude and Location settings changing randomly.

Started by 3DnTechNut, July 09, 2016, 05:18:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

3DnTechNut

I have had 4 instances where the altitude and other camera settings, rotation and tilt have just randomly changed on there own. Sometimes while changing from one Node Tab to another, and a couple times when closing and re-opening a scene, the camera will just suddenly be up in the stratosphere and facing different directions.  I am not sure what action if any is causing this to happen or if it is truly just random.  I am working on a plateau scene using a .ter file created with L3DT Pro and imported and modified in Beta 4 with some xfrog plant populations placed on the terrain.

I don't think I pressed any keys to make the camera skyrocket toward the heavens, or if there is a key sequence that could cause that.

Has anybody else experienced strange camera behavior like this?

Oshyan

To be clear, the camera is moving to a position *that you never moved the camera to during the session*? In other words the camera ends up some place that you never viewed the scene from? I ask because forgetting to use the Set Camera button can cause things like this, and it's happened to the best of us. ;)

- Oshyan

3DnTechNut

Correct, when added the cameras are either at ground level or slightly below, depending on the terrain.  I had already moved them into place and after changing from one node to another and changed the camera to look at population placement the camera was suddenly at a Y distance of like 1.326e8 (approximate), I could see a third of the planet, that happened twice.  Two other time the camera stayed at ground level but was transported across the terrain by several km.

The cameras were moved to places they were never set to.  Even deleting commands from the history would not, should not move the cameras to places they were never set to, if anything they would be deleted themselves if I went past the point where they were added  or they would probably be under terrain if I deleted past where they were adjusted, like many were when they were added and then moved into place.

I have forgotten to set a camera before also, a few times.  But the first camera that moved was the one I had used to compose the shot.

I haven't had it happen in awhile, but, I haven't had time to work on it since yesterday.  I will try to get it to happen again tonight, hopefully it was just a weird fluke.
Jeff

Oshyan

Hmm, strange. Well, please let us know if it happens again. And *especially* if you can find a way to reproduce it reliably.

- Oshyan

ajcgi