Home

Started by yossam, July 09, 2016, 04:01:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yossam

Still got some noise in the clouds, don't really know why. Rendered in 40 minutes, so I can afford to turn up the quality settings.  ;)

yossam

Well that didn't help a whole lot................... ???

Mr_Lamppost

I had a similar problem last weekend and after trying ludicrous cloud quality settings found that increasing the render AA setting was far more effective in eliminating cloud noise.

Nice model by the way.
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Mr_Lamppost on July 09, 2016, 09:07:05 PM
I had a similar problem last weekend and after trying ludicrous cloud quality settings found that increasing the render AA setting was far more effective in eliminating cloud noise.

Nice model by the way.

Great tip, thanks MrLP.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Oshyan

Please remember that Defer Atmo is now enabled by default! This means that AA now has a significant effect on cloud (and overall atmo) quality. It's generally best to leave cloud Quality around 1 and increase AA (and/or adjust noise threshold) to reduce noise.

- Oshyan

yossam

Chalk this one up to operator error...........we'll just leave it at that.  :P  Still got a little noise but I know how to get rid of that.

bobbystahr

a case of P.I.C.N.I.C. eh? heh heh, happens to me all day long. You've gotten a very Maxfield Parrish feel going here that I quite like.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

yossam

Finally got rid of the noise, but render time went to hell. I was expecting that with the settings I used. Oh well.............nothing but electricity.  :)

Dune

Really worth it. Wonderful illustration.

masonspappy

For those of us who have a special fondness for the whimsy factor, its great!   :D

AP

Excellent and uniquely creative. The clouds payed off well. Good job!

DannyG

I try to do anything I can to get around using defer as it drives rendertimes WAY up. Large v3 Cumulus with 20 Million voxels (est) quality at 1 with defer ... you better get comfy its going to be a while 
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

sboerner

Nice artwork! Great imagination.

DocCharly65

Wonderful, just wonderful!