Command Line

Started by ajcgi, July 13, 2016, 07:58:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajcgi

I'm using the Windows command line to render out a few nodes in succession from the same scene.
The win-command-line.txt file is referring to the current version as being v2.9.0.0
I'm just wondering if there's any additional flags that have been added since then? I could really do with one that allows me to disable/enable certain nodes on load.

Oshyan

There is no flag to do what you're suggesting and I suspect it is not likely to come soon. I imagine it might be challenging to implement due to the non-unique node naming and no unique identifier being openly exposed in the UI.

Can you just script this outside of TG, with direct TGD editing?

- Oshyan

ajcgi

Hmmm well that is indeed an option via python. Python is something I've been toying with in my spare time occasionally.
It occurs to me that Python together with the command line interface could allow a render tool for queuing and whatnot to be made. To me the render options within the GUI are restrictive. A start frame and end frame isn't flexible enough for example. Plus in a scene with several render nodes I can only render one at a time. Some of my scenes at the moment have 8 nodes to render out different layers of atmosphere to different locations with varying render elements. Much easier via tgdcli ;)

Thanks for the clarification though Oshyan. Don't ask, don't get. :D

Oshyan

Yeah, always worth asking. Python is something we've considered before, and may do so again...

- Oshyan