Too hot

Started by luvsmuzik, July 24, 2016, 08:37:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luvsmuzik

I tried to make some flame looking clouds. Lesser quality=better results.

Mr_Lamppost

Interesting experiments, I'm not sure they look like flames but the second one could be the starting point for something interesting.
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.

DocCharly65

Same from me... Not really flames but most interesting experiment. Perhaps leading to a great volcano scene?  :)

Dune

For flames you'd need to stretch them upward and use a very dense ridged fractal. Years ago, there were flame files shared I think, a search might yield interesting results. But it looks like hot steaming lava, nonetheless.

luvsmuzik

I agree with all C&C on these images. I perhaps am thinning my cloud density too much for flames. I do like the steaming hot look here tho. I have seen a few renders from others here in the forum that are terrific and may combine a few ideas I saw. Glowing lava trails, embers, etc.

I could also make this a forest fire scene adding some foliage and using that snow clip, perhaps changing the white to a fiery color and give it a luminous value. We shall see.

Thanks all for the C&C.

luvsmuzik

Another aha! moment.

Rock object.....scale 80,305,40, rotate 0,60,180 (Because this sits way off top of volcano)
Shattering 0, 10, 0.28
Mesh modifiers, subdivide 2

Default shader  Diffuse 0.94

I have not tried translucency, luminosity, opacity yet.....but this is a BIG starting place.
You want a narrow z with a fat x base with a tall y rock.

luvsmuzik

Further experimenting

This works in TG3 as well.

Initial rock diameter 2, I experimented with number of faces.

Still shattered and subdivided internal TG.

Free image texture, (made by me, I already had on file) works differently each setting, shown as cyclindrical, but does good as others.

DannyG

dandelO conquered this years ago, Hopefully he will reappear one day as he certainly was an excellent member to the community

http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,9039.msg96424.html#msg96424
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

luvsmuzik

Quote from: Danny on August 28, 2016, 06:18:09 PM
dandelO conquered this years ago, Hopefully he will reappear one day as he certainly was an excellent member to the community

http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,9039.msg96424.html#msg96424

Yes I have seen much of his work and also respect it. I am a novice and enjoy sharing what can be done. My search results don't always bring me to the immediate answer and I get lost in reading something else I never knew about TG, so excuse my wonderment. I think he pops in now and again.

DannyG

Quote from: luvsmuzik on August 28, 2016, 06:53:30 PM

Yes I have seen much of his work and also respect it. I am a novice and enjoy sharing what can be done. My search results don't always bring me to the immediate answer and I get lost in reading something else I never knew about TG, so excuse my wonderment. I think he pops in now and again.

Didn't mean it like that lunvsmuzik, I actually though I would be able to dig up the tgd on the forums so you could have a look at it, but I was not. I have the file but it's not my creation so I cannot share it. I can tell you it is a single cloud layer creating the flames in dandelO's image. That said I am happy to see others enjoyment with the capabilities of TG, we are all here to learn from guys like DandelO ,Ulco, TU, Frank B and the many others that pushed TG to the edge, so Keep them coming! I look forward to your creations
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com

luvsmuzik

Quote from: Danny on August 29, 2016, 07:20:11 AM
Quote from: luvsmuzik on August 28, 2016, 06:53:30 PM

Didn't mean it like that lunvsmuzik, I actually though I would be able to dig up the tgd on the forums so you could have a look at it, but I was not. I have the file but it's not my creation so I cannot share it. I can tell you it is a single cloud layer creating the flames in dandelO's image. That said I am happy to see others enjoyment with the capabilities of TG, we are all here to learn from guys like DandelO ,Ulco, TU, Frank B and the many others that pushed TG to the edge, so Keep them coming! I look forward to your creations

@Danny I think you might mean sorry marc_0001. tgd, which shows a couple of layers of clouds (fire and smoke) and Marc Gebhart's winter trees??? Camera angle is elevated then angled down to ground with no sky visible.  I found the thread for that the other day and I do have those tgo files for the trees. This is a DandelO tgd file also.

Love this stuff!

DannyG

You lost me dude, I am not sorry to Marc_0001 who ever that is. I was talking strictly about the flames which are 1 cloud layer, I know all about the rest of the scene, Marc trees which used to be available at NWDA as well as the render itself, the camera information and all that? No idea why you are bringing that up. Have a nice day
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com

Agura Nata

fascinating look :-)
"Live and Learn!"