Playing with glass and visible light again_ discovery

Started by bobbystahr, July 29, 2016, 07:03:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on July 31, 2016, 11:18:44 AM
Yes, that will lighten up shadows as well, but I was talking about the opacity settings of a tree leaf. But better forget about it  ;)

At least till the next BETA which I hear is due to drop soon.
Ever hopeful Bobby.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

luvsmuzik

Half translucency on a tree leaf with only color (not image texture) does a lot IMHO. These images have 0.5 translucency on the leaves, and GI of 4. The dark leaf tree is single object with default setting.  Image 2 has 0.5 opacity on leaves as well. There is a slight difference on light penetration in distance, with change in opacity setting allowing slightly more light. Dramatic difference on the color of the deer.

Oshyan

Bobby, just to be clear, the nature of a "beta" is mostly that it is "feature complete" and only small improvements and bug fixes will be made for subsequent betas and the final. The addition of full opacity support would be considered a more major change and will not be coming in the next beta, nor the final TG4. It will have to wait for the future.

- Oshyan

bobbystahr

Quote from: Oshyan on July 31, 2016, 05:54:46 PM
Bobby, just to be clear, the nature of a "beta" is mostly that it is "feature complete" and only small improvements and bug fixes will be made for subsequent betas and the final. The addition of full opacity support would be considered a more major change and will not be coming in the next beta, nor the final TG4. It will have to wait for the future.

- Oshyan

gotcha and I was just wishin out loud, heh heh
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist