Temperate Alpine River

Started by AP, August 10, 2016, 01:44:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

I agree with Kadri, it could be really nice with just a little extra work. The stones on the flowbed aren't textured now, which is a pity. Some wavy pattern in the sand would be nice as well (get postion in texture+ X or Z to scalar + divide scalar + constant scalar (a small number) + sinus (blue node: trig) + warp + vector displacement + PF and finally some displacement). 

DocCharly65

Quote from: Kadri on August 17, 2016, 12:38:32 AM

It looks worth to work further. Nice.

exactly my opinion  :)
The stones amount, size and coverage is exactly what I ment. Great improvement.

AP

I will consider finishing this, just bored with it at the moment.

DocCharly65

Quote from: AP on August 17, 2016, 03:51:49 AM

Take as much time as you need. I know how boring it can be sometimes twiggeling on the same scene again and again...  :P
Yesterday I found a mistake in my "armada of allies" renders... while moving around in the scene with the mouse I accidently had moved an important light source and now had to restarted all renderjobs... 5000 finished frames for the trashbin!  :'(

Kadri

Quote from: DocCharly65 on August 18, 2016, 02:43:04 AM
Quote from: AP on August 17, 2016, 03:51:49 AM

Take as much time as you need. I know how boring it can be sometimes twiggeling on the same scene again and again...  :P
Yesterday I found a mistake in my "armada of allies" renders... while moving around in the scene with the mouse I accidently had moved an important light source and now had to restarted all renderjobs... 5000 finished frames for the trashbin!  :'(

Phew! 5000 frames...that's bad.

Dune

Awful bad luck, Nils. It's so easy to change something unwanted, especially with a lot of nodes. I think most time is spent checking little things and crops  in the scene, and then you render big and notice something off in a corner you thought was ok.

AP

Not boring in the same sense as tweaking the same scene over and over but I think the scene itself as a whole is underwhelming. Tweaking is just fine, my rock experiments involve a lot of that.

5,000 frames is very significant. That stinks.    :P

ajcgi

DocCharly65

Sounds worse and more to render than it is. Space scenes with minimum terrain render unbelievable fast with TG4!  :)