Strata

Started by Dune, August 01, 2016, 03:32:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luvsmuzik

Incredible! Great marbling on those rocks and foam is good too.

yossam

I'm glad the four of you are hard at work............... :)

zaxxon

I'm officially out of superlatives to compliment your creativity...  :)

Dune

As a matter of fact the other three are out having a beer, while I'm doing the work  :-\

I just realized some erosion might be nice in the latter to get better rock debris areas. There's not even a fractal warp in there, so there's more to try out.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on August 12, 2016, 11:54:17 AM
:)

Oh yeah, forgot this one. This is how the surf works in TG, by using the (stretched) heights through a displacement to scaler, and a color adjust or smooth step until you have the coastal area in sight.

Those are some awesome rocks...I've always been curious if you work to 'real life' scales on these images or just scale the veg to the scene you're creating. I realize the archelogical stuff is but just wondered about these rock inventions.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

No, I always work in real scale. Only the MinceMeat is a giant by coincidence ;)

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on August 14, 2016, 02:27:47 AM
No, I always work in real scale. Only the MinceMeat is a giant by coincidence ;)

Thanks
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

inkydigit

gobsmacked as always Ulco!
awesome stuff!
8-0
:)

Hetzen

Good study thread Ulco. I particularly like the last render.

Dune

Thanks Jon, and all others. I like the string of land and islands, but the front outcrop is a bit too contorted, a bit unnatural. But it started out as just another setup for the shore foam, and then you add some and click a bit...  :P.

ajcgi

That last one is awesome in the true sense. It's full of awe! :D
Great composition.

DocCharly65

I like that wide, wide view very much!