Mountain Lake - updated

Started by mhaze, August 15, 2016, 02:14:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mhaze

Yet another mountain scene! C&C welcome

DocCharly65

More C than C  :D
I like the clouds hanging in the valley and the big mountain looking a bit like a sleeping volcano. Very nice scene!
Ok a little bit C  ;) : Perhaps one or two other tree variations and a bit shrubbery?

Dune

Never enough mountain scenes. There's plenty going on here, very nice scene. I think I would like a bit more drama; it looks a bit 'grey' overall. Perhaps if you lighten up the low clouds (they are great!), and the foreground a bit, it will give you more drama. There's just a bit too much shadow I believe. Just my C  ;)

mhaze

Yeah, I lowered the sun but maybe too much. Will have another play and throw in some bushes and gorse at the same time.

Dune

Gorse, yeah... horrible stuff for farmers, but oh so beautiful. I'm working on something Scottish, so you gave me a nice idea.

DannyG

Excellent ground cover in the foreground. I personally am liking the shadows. Very nice overall
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

luvsmuzik

Like this alot. Especially the shadows of clouds on terrain and foggy mist. Good one!

Kadri

I like it. As said, with just a little more light it might be even better.

mhaze

Update!

Jokes

Gorgeous! The trees and rocks and assorted vegetation in the foreground really come together, and likewise the mist and trees in the background. And of course the mountainsides. I am filled with admiration and envy for everyone's mountainsides.

One thing - the line of those foreground conifers on the left under the cloud behind them comes off a little funny, like my brain can't decide whether the cloud is supposed to be closer than the trees or farther away.

yossam

fleetwood

Like the latest version. The lake looks slightly more friendly in this one, it was kind of ominous in the first one.

Dune

Terrific update. The light on the boulders really does it, good idea. There's a slight hesitation about the clouds, which make the whole perhaps a bit busy, but that's nitpicking.

DocCharly65

zaxxon

Great light and sense of scale. So many points of interest and excellence!