Dinotopia NYC

Started by Hannes, September 24, 2016, 05:04:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luvsmuzik

Quote from: bobbystahr on September 26, 2016, 12:50:46 PM
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...made my morning. I found, some time ago, a Stan Lee model you could have used with the Spidey content...

Ya gotta look close but Stan Lee is up on the balcony!

bobbystahr

Quote from: Hannes on September 25, 2016, 09:09:32 AM
Here is the weathered leather. And Stan Lee. Who finds him?

Damn...gotta keep the glasses on, totally missed that....even better seeing Stan there....

edit

Oh I see, I didn't miss it in the first one....heh heh
perfect addition Hannes.

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

bobbystahr

too bad about the max ness of the city block though...I saw that when browsing there and sighed.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Hannes

Quote from: bobbystahr on September 26, 2016, 03:46:10 PM
too bad about the max ness of the city block though...I saw that when browsing there and sighed.

Yes, indeed, Bobby. But even though I have Max, it's a pain in the butt to get this model to be used. There are 165 (!!!) shaders that have to be edited. Each and every shader!!
And I constantly have to switch between Max and TG to see which shader is doing what (it's really hard to guess, what a shader named "Elgkj3cm" could be! ;D), because Max is responding faster than TG, when you change the color of a shader for example, to see which part it is related to.
Nevertheless it's a joy to see how TG handles such vast models. You could even create populations of them!

inkydigit

Beyond awesome!
Supreme setup, and I like your humour?! :)))
Cheers!

Hannes

Quote from: inkydigit on September 26, 2016, 05:05:41 PM
Beyond awesome!
Supreme setup, and I like your humour?! :)))
Cheers!

Thanks, Inky!
I have to say that I was lucky, when I found the worker. I had the idea of finding some guy who's responsible for keeping the streets clean, but I was really chuckling, when I found this particularly miserable looking poor chap.
And creating a huge pile of dino crap is weird fun as well.  ;D ;D ;D

Dune

You can also use Poseray for checking out all the shaders. I have to do that often, either by color in the first tab or by part in the groups tab. Tedious still, though  :-\

DocCharly65

;D ;D ;D

Great - I can only say:

;D ;D ;D

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on September 27, 2016, 02:24:59 AM
You can also use Poseray for checking out all the shaders. I have to do that often, either by color in the first tab or by part in the groups tab. Tedious still, though  :-\

I pretty much run everything non .tgo through PoseRay as it's the best parts/shaders organizer I have. Couldn't work without it. And it supplies a decent U/V map for models that have none as well. I find that most welcome.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Quote from: Hannes on September 26, 2016, 05:04:58 PM

Yes, indeed, Bobby. But even though I have Max, it's a pain in the butt to get this model to be used. There are 165 (!!!) shaders that have to be edited. Each and every shader!!
And I constantly have to switch between Max and TG to see which shader is doing what (it's really hard to guess, what a shader named "Elgkj3cm" could be! ;D), because Max is responding faster than TG, when you change the color of a shader for example, to see which part it is related to.
Nevertheless it's a joy to see how TG handles such vast models. You could even create populations of them!

I feel your pain. I spent hours yesterday with this octagon room I separated from a model of the Bank of England I think invida had up for a rendering contest. The whole model took an entire London block and though TG4 would load the naked model, textures were out of the question. The full model is 1,415, 552 kb with many hundreds of parts. In the octagon room I worked on each window(there are 24) has individual mullions for starters plus the base frame...and I really can't post my image as I thing reverse engineering on the model was against the usage statement...sigh. This is on my current 8 G RAM machine...should be better soon.

I have found though that in PoseRay, if you have parts with the same texture you can apply it to one, save that in Tools and then select all the other parts with that texture and select Apply to all selected parts. A big time saver on insane models.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Hannes

Ah thanks, Bobby! That's good to know!

Dune

Quoteif you have parts with the same texture...
I do that all the time with the DAZ people, decreasing the number of shaders from maybe 20 to 5-6 or so, if you first copy the textures to parts, then group parts, then copy those back again, and refind the textures (copying the names and pasting those in, check 'apply' is quite fast too).

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on September 29, 2016, 02:43:43 AM
Quoteif you have parts with the same texture...
I do that all the time with the DAZ people, decreasing the number of shaders from maybe 20 to 5-6 or so, if you first copy the textures to parts, then group parts, then copy those back again, and refind the textures (copying the names and pasting those in, check 'apply' is quite fast too).

Yeah the parts collapsing of DAZ models is a great feature...well for any model with many parts really; makes many more manageable. Wow a 4M phrase.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New