The start of the Allied fleet

Started by DocCharly65, August 23, 2016, 03:51:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocCharly65

A very raw test to check that no vessel flies trough another.

The models and the responsible artist I'll credit in detail later, when the sequence was rendered correctly.
Before that, I want to change some minimal details: The Starfuries, the Serenity and the Eagles are still a little too fast to me.

But the general movement is "choreographed" now. It's a really, really busy scene  :)

https://vimeo.com/179863381

Before rendering I'll have to find out the planets atmosphere setting with lowest rendertime:

With "optimal" accelleration cloud settings I need about 30 min per frame but I get strange stripes in the clouds.
With no optimisation - highest detail I get perfect frames but I need abou 50 min per frame.

An idea but no real option would be a model as planet instead of the real planet but I would feel like a cheater... I love FrankB's planet - and of course : I payed for it - so I use it  ;) ;D

[attach=1]

[attach=2]

Here some single test-rendered frames:

[attach=3]  [attach=4]   [attach=5]

[attach=7]   [attach=6]   

[attachimg=8]  [attachimg=9]

And finally: we are in big, big trouble... These days the first rubberduck appeared even in the stardock!!!  ;) ;D

[attach=10]

Dune

It's bloody awesome! I wonder why you wouldn't want to fake the planet's clouds by just a fractal set on the surface. It's not up close, moving and obscured by all happenings in front. Saves a lot of hassle.

Kadri

Looks good.
I don't use the acceleration options for clouds.
I rather use lower detail, less dense clouds or render smaller etc. then the main render.

DocCharly65

Thanks Ulco and Kadri  :)

Ulco, when I started this last year I was much too shy and cowed by all the nodes in FrankB's Planet that I didn't try to change anything big. Now I must take care that the view stays the same as the older animations. (Although I've learned a little since then  ;)  )

Kadri, I had much success with reducing the cloud quality and increasing the acceleration cache in my "space bubble". I think it will work ok with the right settings - I just have to find them  ;).

Unfortunately Pixelplow is still working with the TG4 alpha version so I can't give them the renderjob at the moment. But anyway it's a major step forward how fast TG4 works with my shameless amount of models (86 models and 68 light sources - and all with animated movement and animated strength, color or things like that.)

Congratulations to Matt and Oshyan to their great piece of software, managing all that!

Movement of my models is as I already described in an earlier post only in X or Z direction for easier management. Rest of movement to make it looking a bit more interesting is only camera movement and rotation in all directions including animated focus and DoF.

ajcgi

Firstly, awesome!

Secondly, love the duck!

j meyer

Starduck in the stardock, seems to be appropriate. ;)

Keep going Nils.

TheBadger

Duck Rodgers in the 21 and 1/2 century?

You are a mad man Doc.
It has been eaten.

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Agura Nata

"Live and Learn!"

Hannes

DocCharly65

Folks - I was bored at lunch time ... and when I am bored, strange things happen...  8) ;)

I just wanted to try out the windows Movie Maker.
So I downloaded and installed it.
I just produced a very raw cut of most of the animations I have of the starting fleet so far.

Of course this is a very basic quality - only one music track, no special sounds no added effects...

Also I cut the scene only very raw. Maybe in the final film some parts change their position. But you can see now a part of what I did the last half year  :)
Have fun  :)

https://vimeo.com/185795918

...PS: and yes!!! It's stuttering - the original as well! Windows Movie Makler will stay only a tool for kidding around a bit  ;)

bobbystahr

Wow, like it so much I shared it on my timeline...hope that generates some hits for ya
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

DocCharly65

Wow - thanks Bobby, that's very very nice  :)

And of course thanks Kadri - The harder music work will come when I'll try to mix all the themes of my "cineastic past"
Working on a version of the klingons march since 2 months.
Later Battlestar Galactica and A-team theme must stick together somehow ... and some more adventures  :)

Kadri

I see directly the movie in my mind when i think of the "klingons march" :)
Curious how your version will be.