texturing a population

Started by Grassynoel, September 01, 2016, 02:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grassynoel

Yeah, I'm going to ditch the floating rocks. They looked okay with the water shader but too visually confusing. Doing some LOOOOOONG renders with clouds ATM.

bobbystahr

Agree with Dune on it's your choice on direction...I like the "but maybe some beams in a thin vapor would be interesting (shadows from surfaces)?" part of his comment; and bloom and starburst can be very effective even in a quite thin atmosphere.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Grassynoel

UPDATE :)

I was using bloom and lens flare but neither were contributing much. Here on the water you can see a little flare which is nice.

Dune

Very nice! Quite a subtle whisp of cloud and the water/air drop is an interesting touch.

Kadri

Interesting and good.
I changed the former one to widescreen and i liked it more in that way.

Oshyan

That latest image is *really* cool! One of the best sci-fi Terragen renders/scenes I've seen, perhaps ever.

- Oshyan

bobbystahr

Quote from: Oshyan on September 04, 2016, 01:51:46 PM
That latest image is *really* cool! One of the best sci-fi Terragen renders/scenes I've seen, perhaps ever.

- Oshyan

I'm in agreement...but I'd have left the rocks in myself....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Grassynoel

QuoteInteresting and good.
I changed the former one to widescreen and i liked it more in that way.
Yes I want to go widescreen when it's done. Just too lazy to do it :)

QuoteThat latest image is *really* cool! One of the best sci-fi Terragen renders/scenes I've seen, perhaps ever.
Thanks Oshyan, given how many renders you've seen that's high praise.

I have actually rendered it three times with and without the blue light and with and without clouds so I can more precisely control how the building peeks through them at the top. Might try to make it all 'In camera" if I can as I continue to polish.

Glenn

Oshyan

Can't wait to see where you go from here. Be sure to make a nice, high-quality final render so we can share it in the new Planetside Software website image gallery... :D

- Oshyan

ajcgi

This is very nice indeed. A well executed concept.

Grassynoel

QuoteBe sure to make a nice, high-quality final render so we can share it in the new Planetside Software website image gallery...
I'd like to but the beta trail has ended and the number of populations and image size and filtering are limited. Will have to wait to buy it or for the next beta. :)

Here's where I have gotten to tonight anyway. Still playing and learning. Having fun mostly which is great.

Dune

I suggest a purchase and staying around here  ;)

Oshyan

AA limits will be higher in the free version of TG4, which we'll release soon.

- Oshyan

Grassynoel

Bumped everything as high as I can. Still working on it  :P

Grassynoel

This is it for today.
Do you all like the rocks around the blue light or not?

Glenn