More rock

Started by Dune, September 03, 2016, 11:59:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Quote from: mogn on September 06, 2016, 12:27:25 PM
dandelO's device is the  packing a lot of blue nodes inside a  single node.
Gets a better overview of the functions imbedded in the node.

(I know than dandelO is not the inventor of this, sorry but it is nice to have to have a name)

Gotcha...Group Container the Nodes
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

I do a lot of packing, but especially for novices that won't make it a lot easier. Sometimes there are links to nodes in other containers, that can't be recognized from the outside (I mean the arrows; hovering over them doesn't give a clue where they link to). For those people, a grouping in 'groups', but all visible might be a lot easier.

Kadri

Quote from: Dune on September 07, 2016, 03:46:32 AM
... (I mean the arrows; hovering over them doesn't give a clue where they link to)...

Yep...mystic nodes :)

bobbystahr

I do a lot of packing, but especially for novices that won't make it a lot easier. Sometimes there are links to nodes in other containers, that can't be recognized from the outside (I mean the arrows; hovering over them doesn't give a clue where they link to). For those people, a grouping in 'groups', but all visible might be a lot easier.

Yup, organization of nodes is 'all' and I find I'm using groups a lot more lately even 'unpacked'. Even when I load a massively scattered .tgc I tend to straighten it up and put in a container and capture all the nodes. That way upon re-opening it's all nice and neat. It's my TG4 resolution in fact to do this always.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Stormlord

Exactely Ulco !
I'm a beginner and I totally agree because it is not so easy to start with TG 4. It's so strange sometimes... ahhh...
BUT IT MAKES FUN !

STORMLORD

fleetwood

Stormlord

I really examined this file from you Ulco and I must say, respect for your material. I gained a lot of insight from it.
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing these good files!

STORMLORD

Dune

mogn

Placing nodes in a group is ok.
But try to avoid overlaid other nodes.

pclavett

Thanks so much Ulco !
Paul

luvsmuzik

Here is one of the Rock face files.... :)     Actually  two file shares here. You may get warnings....check objects and resave in your own projects with slight name change as I think some errors are from beta or tester versions.

WAS

Thanks for the share! (Late to the party).